Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

whoever we sign i hope it is someone who can control and dictate the game. its great that we have signed exciting players and ones who can change the game but what jack brought was game management and control when needed. dont know who will have that leading quality out of our current bunch. I think the like of JWP would bring that as he is captain of the team with an obvious football intelligence about him

Good to be back. 

Time to rip up the rule book and overhaul the starting XI and try to push on. Obviously, we need to be sensible about it but we will only get ourselves into another 'Grealish' situation next season with Watkins/Martinez if we don't keep progressing up the table.

Spend the 140m we have on 3 first team players and a back up striker. 

Time to move. 

1 minute ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Didn't Cantwell score 9 goals in his debut Prem season? If so, pretty decent return for a young player in a relegated team...

No, 6 goals. Which I think is still pretty decent but having 0 assists is not.

Edit: Nvm, 2 assists. Still pretty poor for a winger though.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

I suspect we will start seeing people coming in pretty quickly

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Let's just say for the sake of the example that the links to new players are accurate and in the - extremely unlikely - event we could pull them off, how would we be feeling relative to last season if we ended up with the below?

Martinez, Steer, NEW (?)

Cash, Guilbert, Konsa, Tuanzebe, Mings, Hause, Targett, Young

Luiz, Nakamba, JWP, Sanson, McGinn

Bailey, Buendia, Cantwell, Traore, El Ghazi

Watkins, Abraham, Wes/Davis

+ youngsters

I think that squad would do well and very achievable.  Has plenty of depth to it and be moulded into a few different formations.  Doesn't rely on one injury-prone player too much.

The Tuanzebe signing is fine.

We weren't going to be replacing Konsa and Mings as our starting pair.

He is already familiar to our staff and a number of our players.

We can focus this summers funds elsewhere. There probably is a small loan fee, but all things considered, not a bad deal to have the "Four Centre Backs" issue resolved for 12 months in this manner - at least on paper.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Let's just say for the sake of the example that the links to new players are accurate and in the - extremely unlikely - event we could pull them off, how would we be feeling relative to last season if we ended up with the below?

Martinez, Steer, NEW (?)

Cash, Guilbert, Konsa, Tuanzebe, Mings, Hause, Targett, Young

Luiz, Nakamba, JWP, Sanson, McGinn

Bailey, Buendia, Cantwell, Traore, El Ghazi

Watkins, Abraham, Wes/Davis

+ youngsters

if we sign Cantwell we need our heads looking at.

Same for Abraham.

Tuanzebe is ok on loan if he's ok being backup, for that reason i dont see him coming here, Manure wont want him being backup to Mings and Konsa, and he aint gonna be in the first team, Maure will want him to play, so it can inflate his price when they sell him on next summer.

Also, Tuanzebe is the defender version of Davis, he's made of glass, take a look at his injury history.

JWP is the only one i agree with on that list.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

why does no one want tammy all of a sudden? basically got us promoted...did i miss a meeting somewhere where it's been decided he's crap?

If you’ve got a spare 5 hours, read his thread.

Just now, tomav84 said:

why does no one want tammy all of a sudden? basically got us promoted...did i miss a meeting somewhere where it's been decided he's crap?

Injuries and falling out of favor with Tuchel. Chelsea fans I speak to say he disappears too much in games... hard pass.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Injuries and falling out of favor with Tuchel. Chelsea fans I speak to say he disappears too much in games... hard pass.

but we have literally seen him with our own eyes score many, many goals...why would we care what chelsea fans have to say? he fits here...maybe just doesn't fit there

he wouldn't be first choice anyway, but is a massive upgrade on davis and wesley

edit: rather him than ings any day of the week

Edited by tomav84

some random and I feel achievable continental targets we should consider IMO.. 

Jonathan Bamba, Renato Sanches, Jonathan David all Lille… 
Romain Faivre LW - stade Brest… 
Arnaud Kalimuendo ST PSG. 
Hamed Junior Traorè AM US Sassuolo. 
Daichi Kamada AM Frankfurt. 
Christoph Baumgartner AM Hoffenheim. 
Thiago Almada AM/WF. 
Pedro Gonçalves AM Sporting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

No, 6 goals. Which I think is still pretty decent but having 0 assists is not.

Edit: Nvm, 2 assists. Still pretty poor for a winger though.

Still not terrible like some are making out, again, in a team that got relegated.