Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Why do people say Mings is injury prone? He's only missed a handful of games since joining us. 

Because he's been historically injury prone. And he's had a number of near misses including 2 hamstring injuries in key periods for us. 1 in the playoff final and another against Leicester which caused him to miss 3 of the most important games in the relegation battle season. 

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

If Grealish is going and we do have £100m to spend, I'd look to drop 30/40m on 3 players, all young with the potential to be world class. We'd only need one of them to fulfill the potential really to not lose out on the outlay.

I'd try Tuanzebe on a loan with an option to buy if that's at all possible too. With all the talent we've got coming through in the next few seasons as well we should be very well placed very soon.

I think I’d be tempted to go for one or two players £60m+ and really push us on to the next level… would be hard to attract but possible I think.

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Not if they demand to leave after a decent season. We see how that turns out with Grealish 

Well if they do then we'd have another £400 million cash in the bank for an outlay of about £150 million.  That allows us to replace 4 £40 million players with pretty much an entire starting XI worth £40 million each.  If we aren't able to challenge for Europe at that point then our recruitment team are really bad.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think I’d be tempted to go for one or two players £60m+ and really push us on to the next level… would be hard to attract but possible I think.

Yeah not sure we could get them yet, that sort of player wants to be playing in Europe. If we could though a DCM in that bracket and a genuine 10 maybe too would mean we were a very good team on paper all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

I have the same problem to Ings that I do Abraham. They're about as good as Watkins, not good enough to force him out of the team, but close enough they're not going to be happy coming to play second fiddle. Either would improve the squad, I just don't see how you make it work and keep them both happy.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Not if they demand to leave after a decent season. We see how that turns out with Grealish 

Yeah, we need all players to have a sensational season at the same time and break top 6 (top 4?) once and for all.    

That then keeps our best players and let’s us attract a better class of player.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yeah, we need all players to have a striking season at the same time and break top 6 (top 4?) once and for all.    

That then keeps our best players and let’s us attract a better class of player.

It's not going to happen though is it. Catch 22 we can't get there because before we do anyone decent will leave for the ensured thing.

• Sad 2

I'd be distraught if Grealish goes AND we use the money to sign Abraham, JWP and Cantwell.

Feel like there must be more for us to aim for. 

Not that they're bad players, but it would represent really poor value for money.

I have faith our owners know what they're doing and would bring in something very exciting. 

• Like 2

Emi

Cash   Mings   Konsa    Targett                          

Buendia   Luiz   McGinn    Bailey 

Ollie     Tammy

Edited by alreadyexists

17 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Agree, we have to end this selling club mentality for a good few seasons. We have the momentum, but it needs to be kept up. I know all teams basically are vulnerable to the very best coming in, but we just need to get to a position where we are an equal. I think really only have Man City or a few abroad, I am not sure Chelsea or Liverpool are much more attractive as they could ultimately ultimately our direct rival soon if we plan and spend well. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Emi

Ollie     Tammy

Prayer for the defence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Emi

Ollie     Tammy

How many teams play 2 up top these days? I wonder if Watkins works hard enough we wouldn't feel the loss in midfield too much...

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'd be distraught if Grealish goes AND we use the money to sign Abraham, JWP and Cantwell.

Feel like there must be more for us to aim for. 

Not that they're bad players, but it would represent really poor value for money.

I have faith our owners know what they're doing and would bring in something very exciting. 

But they would improve the squad, and are all younger than Grealish with growth potential. 

We looked poor (and vulnerable) without Grealish last season because the depth of quality in the squad is poor. We need patience and planning to build that. But we can buy 2 or 3 very good players now.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Watkins

Bailey.       Kamada.      Buendia.

JWP. /Luiz            Sanson /McGinn.

Targett.  Mings.   Konsa.    Cash

El Gato.

Would prefer a better Nakamba than JWP, but reckon we could stretch to affording one of those as well as the two above... depending on how the grealish fee would be structured.

NSWE need to start cooking the books. Otherwise we're going to be cherry picked every season and we'll never get ahead of the bastards. Even if we buy the likes of Jonathan David etc they'll be off next season or the season after.

Alot of my non scum 6 supporting mates are vexed about the Grealish thing as I am. 

Hence why we need to increase our commercial revenue. Nasser Sawiris is on the board at Adidas he can easily be creative with a sponsorship deal.  That way we can service a higher calibre of player. Cantwell is okay but he's not got the potential to be a Jack replacement. 

It's what they do in Abu Dhabi Plastic oil corporation. When we play against these clubs we should walk off disappointed that we didn't smash em. There has to be a huge mentality change. 

We have in Kamada the potential to be a Bruno Fernandes to Manchester United type effect of transfer of we go for him.

We sign Ward Prowse and we're a far better team next season than we were last. It's better to progress season over season rather than try skip a step and jump to top 4 and think you're a top 4 club.

Wage discipline, selling players for fees that can be reinvested. Developing players. That's us

• Like 1