Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't disagree that it's risky, and they could well struggle, but for example, if we'd signed Guehi and Olise, I'd be pretty excited. 

I agree, throw in Eze, and that young left back they have coming through and there is good talent to be developed. If they can defend well, keep Zaha, and get the best out of Benteke they will be fine.

18 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I agree, throw in Eze, and that young left back they have coming through and there is good talent to be developed. If they can defend well, keep Zaha, and get the best out of Benteke they will be fine.

Eze is out until Christmas. I think they’ll drop this year.

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Eze is out until Christmas. I think they’ll drop this year.

All depends on how Vieira gets on. 

Personally, I think he will struggle, he was dogshit at Nice. Would like him to do well (not that well ofc) but can't help thinking he'll be more De Boer than Pochettino. 

20 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Yep, sadly. We were too busy trolling Arsenal or something.

i'm sure if we thought he was better than what we had we'd have been in for him. it's possible to have multiple targets on the go

plus olise had a release clause, it was an easy one to do if he were any good. there's probably 15 prem sides he'd have signed for over palace, had any one of them bid for him. we weren't alone in thinking he's not good enough.

he actually rejected palace in jan...he's billy big bollocks that wanted a big club to come in for him and no one bothered. he took the only girl on the dancefloor in the end.

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

All depends on how Vieira gets on. 

Personally, I think he will struggle, he was dogshit at Nice. Would like him to do well (not that well ofc) but can't help thinking he'll be more De Boer than Pochettino. 

Yeah I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is a PL manager. We will see though.

hard to know with the young londoners, eze stated outright that he wanted to stay there, im aware that ESR might be exactly the same

the other thing is joining palace for what is considered a good price maybe they know that they'll get 38 games and a chance to shine and then with their age the day for a bigger move will come when they're ready, i think palace is actually a good step in to the PL, i dont think if anyone else wnated him they'd have got him is necessarily true

might also be a case of we think ESR plays further up the pitch in a role that we are lacking whilst olise would be too similar to what we already ahve both in the first team and coming through

for the price you'd like to think we at least looked at him but you'd expect most of the PL did too

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm sure if we thought he was better than what we had we'd have been in for him. it's possible to have multiple targets on the go

plus olise had a release clause, it was an easy one to do if he were any good. there's probably 15 prem sides he'd have signed for over palace, had any one of them bid for him. we weren't alone in thinking he's not good enough.

he actually rejected palace in jan...he's billy big bollocks that wanted a big club to come in for him and no one bothered. he took the only girl on the dancefloor in the end.

Whilst I understand the logic, the whole "if he was any good other clubs would be in for him too" argument I quite dislike because you could apply that to loads of transfers on the face of it. Arsenals fans just did it with Buendia by saying that if he was really that good more clubs would've been in for him at that price. It just feels like the football version of sour grapes.

22 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Whilst I understand the logic, the whole "if he was any good other clubs would be in for him too" argument I quite dislike because you could apply that to loads of transfers on the face of it. Arsenals fans just did it with Buendia by saying that if he was really that good more clubs would've been in for him at that price. It just feels like the football version of sour grapes.

granted, but at least in buendia's case there was at least 1 other club that showed legitimate interest. that didn't appear to be the case with olise

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Translates to "My sources inform me that Aston Villa asked about Arnaut Danjuma"

Villa: 'Is Arnaut okay?'

Bournemouth: 'Yeh, he's okay, he had a bit of a sniffle last week, but he's good'

Villa: 'That's good to know. Thanks. We just wanted to ask about him. Okay, we're going to talk to Barca about signing Messi now. Bye'.

Bournemouth: 'Goodbye, sweet prince'.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Any good? 

nailed on to leave them this summer. decent but they seem to have a knack to getting silly money for their players. 15m tops and he'll be a decent squad player. upgrade on trez/el ghazi but emi and bert are better

On 14/07/2021 at 12:38, MadridVilla said:

Heard that we are monitoring Wayne Hennessey for a backup keeper.

Personally, I would be disgusted by Villa signing him, after that unforgivable salute he didn't even apologise for. What a massive contradiction this signing would be to all the brilliant work that the Club, and in particular Tyrone Mings, have done to improve diversity and inclusivity. I take a lot of pride in the fact that Villa were the first team to take the knee back in June last year, so to sign someone so stupid and immature would be a really poor step in my opinion, and could really undermine the good work already done.

Please Villa don't sign idiots like him 

What did he do?