Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Justin Kluivert is leaving Roma this summer, obviously hasn’t lived up to the hype but said it before he could be an option for us to look at. 

Oohh I would not mind this signing at all. Fab said he’s about to sign with OGC Nice though.

Some serious players around at very moderate prices for silly modern football.

Would have loved Olise, Stengs or Ajer.

Kamara going Newcastle would be a right waste.

Koopmeiners looks like a real saga. Everyone going in for a look but not closing the deal. Such a good player.

Getting Buendia in so early was brilliant, taken a lot of pressure  off us I think.

Hopefully more targets that will excite are being lined up.

This Alvarez feels like someone who would be a perfect guy for the gap in the squad we need to fill.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 4

Jeez it’s very quiet transfer wise, we are living off crumbs.  

I love how the club does its transfers so quietly these days but I also hate it because it is so quiet on anything of substance.  

I know I contradict myself. Just would like a nice little signing to get me into the weekend and tide me over until the game next week.

little = world class, destiny changing, all other fans are jealous 😜

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I love how the club does its transfers so quietly these days but I also hate it because it is so quiet on anything of substance.  

I know I contradict myself. Just would like a nice little signing to get me into the weekend and tide me over until the game next week.

The recruitment room has been converted in to a Library.....shhhhhhhhh.😆

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Steero113 said:

He was photographed making a Nazi Salute at a team dinner. 

He then proceeded to claim ignorance to the Nazi regime and anything to do with the gesture in the most comical fashion possible. 

The guys an idiot. 

I love Nazi jokes, so I'd say sign him up! John Cleese's Hitler impression in Fawlty Towers is one of my favourits. More of zhat please!

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Justin Kluivert is leaving Roma this summer, obviously hasn’t lived up to the hype but said it before he could be an option for us to look at. 

Don’t know how good he is but I don’t see the point in signing anyone who isn’t better or doesn’t offer something more/different than our current players…

Only 5 goals and 8 assists in 53 appearances in Serie A for Roma, but he is only 22… 

4 goals and 1 assist (29 apps) for Leipzig (on loan last season)

Maybe he has a lot of potential but, for now, he doesn’t seem to hold much appeal and we have better/more effective players. 

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

I remember when we were linked with his dad, do I feel old

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

maybe we are struggling to attract even after all what the owners have done

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Some serious players around at very moderate prices for silly modern football.

Would have loved Olise, Stengs or Ajer.

Kamara going Newcastle would be a right waste.

Koopmeiners looks like a real saga. Everyone going in for a look but not closing the deal. Such a good player.

Getting Buendia in so early was brilliant, taken a lot of pressure  off us I think.

Hopefully more targets that will excite are being lined up.

This Alvarez feels like someone who would be a perfect guy for the gap in the squad we need to fill.

I really believe we need a player like Kamara or Koopmeiners… would welcome either of them. We really do need a proper DM imo.

Luiz will continue to be busy with Brazil and return late after the Olympics, he won’t get a preseason and will need a rest and time to reintegrate and settle into the team…

Nakamba will be missing for AFCON and I’m not comfortable with him being a regular for us.

Not encouraged to read McGinn is possibly going to be converted to a 6, doesn’t suit his game and will cost us if he’s going to continue to be loose in possession and in controlling the ball. Better suited as an 8, hopefully he’ll manage to stay in good condition and form. His marauding runs and ability to nick the ball off the opposition is a great asset for us.

A screen for the defence who can control and help us dominate the ball, with composure and an eye for a pass will help us a lot. We need to keep hold of the ball better and stop being careless or rushed in possession. Height and aerial ability would be welcome and of great benefit too, Kamara fits the bill…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

I very much doubt that.  It’s just early in the transfer window that’s all and clubs are just assessing each other like the first 20 minutes of a football match.  The real action is just about to begin across the transfer market.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

Why the negativity?

Nothing to suggest we aren’t incredibly busy behind the scenes. Deals take time… especially when there have been international tournaments going on too. There is plenty of time left yet and players have yet to return to their clubs…

The club have no obligation to share or reveal inside information, targets or business to the media or fans. 

They will just get on with it and act according to the best interests of the club and the best ways to help us go on to further success…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not encouraged to read McGinn is possibly going to be converted to a 6

Doesn’t surprise me with McGinn, Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey likely fighting over two positions in midfield given we are after a quality CAM.  I know we need DCM but it looks like Smith might not see it as a priority this summer despite some fans clamouring for it given the amount of midfielders Smith has that he likes.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Doesn’t surprise me with McGinn, Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey likely fighting over two positions in midfield given we are after a quality CAM.  I know we need DCM but it looks like Smith might not see it as a priority this summer despite some fans clamouring for it given the amount of midfielders Smith has that he likes.

I don't care, whether we sign one or not.....as long as the job is done.

How he fixes that is up to him.

If we play with a disregard for stopping the opposition, I would say, to us all, Best of luck for next season.