Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

26 minutes ago, paul514 said:

You seriously think a football player is worth more than 100m a year in wages?

Sorry, no way. You can buy more improvements to your team and squad with that money than any player could ever possibly add.

Yes Messi is. He is the single greatest player ever, he brings a huge amount of Merchandising and advertisement revenue to the club. He is also the greatest player ever.

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes Messi is. He is the single greatest player ever, he brings a huge amount of Merchandising and advertisement revenue to the club. He is also the greatest player ever.

Ronaldo is the goat.

If you offer me 600 million to spend or Messi for 5 years I know which I am picking.

3 hours ago, weedman said:

This is my point, I don't know, and neither do you. Me saying he's probably fine is as much speculation as you saying he's probably not. 

The people that know will be himself, Dean Smith, the coaching staff, doctors and physios. And it's their call whether he stays on as our backup or not. Therefore IF they decide that he will be our only backup then that is because he has fully recovered from his injury.

While you and I might be sceptical or unsure of how he will be, that doesn't mean that the people making the decisions, the people with full access to all the information, the people who have worked with him every day since he signed, are. If they judge his fitness to be OK, then we have to trust them as they are the only ones who actually know beyond just a guess 

Yeah, look at all those tests Buendia went through, and we were probably only shown a fraction of them, these are highly scientific tests measured with great accuracy.  They will know all about his strength, flexibility and agility. If his knee is not up to it, it will show in those measurements. 

Then there is what he does in training. They will know if he's got issues and they need to look elsewhere. 

52 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Apparently Inter Milan are interested in Alvarez.hurry up and sign him!

I’m in a hurry to sign someone as I’m impatient.

Alvarez could be a great player I don’t know because I haven’t watched him, his stats didn’t look amazing though.

The guy from Flamengo that we were linked with had amazing stats

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’m in a hurry to sign someone as I’m impatient.

Alvarez could be a great player I don’t know because I haven’t watched him, his stats didn’t look amazing though.

The guy from Flamengo that we were linked with had amazing stats

Who's the player from Flamengo we were linked with? Paqueta? If him we haven't been linked just people on here think he's good. He signed for new club September 2020

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

From memory Milner played striker for Newcastle in cup game then signed for us the next day

And played for us against West Ham before going to City as I remember.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who's the player from Flamengo we were linked with? Paqueta? If him we haven't been linked just people on here think he's good. He signed for new club September 2020

de Arrascaetta

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/giorgian-de-arrascaeta/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/248410

Serious output.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/128627/History/Giorgian-de-Arrascaeta