Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, weedman said:

This is my point, I don't know, and neither do you. Me saying he's probably fine is as much speculation as you saying he's probably not. 

The people that know will be himself, Dean Smith, the coaching staff, doctors and physios. And it's their call whether he stays on as our backup or not. Therefore IF they decide that he will be our only backup then that is because he has fully recovered from his injury.

While you and I might be sceptical or unsure of how he will be, that doesn't mean that the people making the decisions, the people with full access to all the information, the people who have worked with him every day since he signed, are. If they judge his fitness to be OK, then we have to trust them as they are the only ones who actually know beyond just a guess 

Actually I do know that he very nearly had his career ended. And I don't know how he is now but it's been over 18 months since he played at the top level. It's definitely more likely that he'll struggle than won't this season. Not definitely but more likely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

98.7% out signings have happened bteween 19.20 and midnight on a wednesday, only a fool would not be staring at there monitor and hitting F5 tonight. Anyway I'm off to watch some repeats of crossroads.

Nothing yet Phil, how are Benny and co. getting on?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Isn’t the point of a sub most of the time to change tactics a little and change the game? Unless you’re Southgate

Sometimes it is yes, but sometimes it’s enforced due to injury. Changing Ollie for Wes isn’t just a bit of a tweak, it fundamentally changes the way we attack. I think this is the big problem with trying to find a replacement for Ollie. On one hand we have the luxury of a player that we can set our attack for but because there is rarely a need to change him, injury wise at least, but on the other hand when he does get injured he is hard to replace with a like for like. 

Southgate would just bring another right back on. 

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sometimes it is yes, but sometimes it’s enforced due to injury. Changing Ollie for Wes isn’t just a bit of a tweak, it fundamentally changes the way we attack. I think this is the big problem with trying to find a replacement for Ollie. On one hand we have the luxury of a player that we can set our attack for but because there is rarely a need to change him, injury wise at least, but on the other hand when he does get injured he is hard to replace with a like for like. 

Southgate would just bring another right back on. 

Ollie is a player with natural fitness who, hopefully, won't experience a lot of fatigue-related injuries and random niggles while he's young and healthy. That gives us more options than just needing a like-for-like sub IMO. If we need something different up front we can potentially play him as a shadow striker behind Wesley or drop him on to the wing and rest Jack (who unlike him is prone to fatigue injuries and niggles).

Even better if we do end up signing Alvarez as rumoured, as he can play as wing forward or striker. With Louie Barry and Brad Young pushing Keinan for that extra bench spot, we really shouldn't need to spend money on cover for Ollie.

• Like 1

From the moment we finalised the Buendia deal to now must be the most boring period of the NSWE ownership. No real links to discuss.

Its probably a good thing though. Shows we’re after quality not quantity and we’re pursuing our main targets. 

But please, give us something! 

• Like 1

Messi to take a reduction in wages to stay at Barca. 

rocket polisher not good enough for us anyway. For that money I'd expect him to be able to play RB too.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57836300

Lionel Messi has agreed to stay at Barcelona on a deal until 2026 that includes reducing his wages to half of his previous salary.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Messi to take a reduction in wages to stay at Barca. 

rocket polisher not good enough for us anyway. For that money I'd expect him to be able to play RB too.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57836300

He isn't worth the wages they pay him, its insane.

That club has truly gone down the toilet financially it will take years to sort out now.

Just now, paul514 said:

That club has truly gone down the toilet financially it will take years to sort out now.

I know southern hemisphere countries with less debt than barcelona🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I mean Messi is. Their other players not so much. Messi is still in a class of his own. But Griezeman **** hell he's on more than twice the highest paid player in the Premier league. 

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

From the moment we finalised the Buendia deal to now must be the most boring period of the NSWE ownership. No real links to discuss.

Its probably a good thing though. Shows we’re after quality not quantity and we’re pursuing our main targets. 

But please, give us something! 

Besides Leicester and Sancho to Manure barely anyone has done any business because Euros

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I mean Messi is. Their other players not so much. Messi is still in a class of his own. But Griezeman **** hell he's on more than twice the highest paid player in the Premier league. 

You seriously think a football player is worth more than 100m a year in wages?

Sorry, no way. You can buy more improvements to your team and squad with that money than any player could ever possibly add.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

A 34 year old being given a 5 year contract. MADNESS!

I read somewhere that if Messi isn't at Barcelona, there are clauses in their sponsorship deals that significantly reduce them. Could be a bullshit rumour but would explain why they give him so much money and continually renew his deal  

• Like 1