Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

59 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

This one has gone really quiet.

Yea, I’m not even saying he would be good for us, never seen him but you can’t argue with the output.

If he managed that in the premier league he would be one of the best players in the league.

We all know Buendia will work it’s why we all wanted him, we have Jack can you imagine if this lad came and his output was similar here. It would scare the shit out of every team who played against us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

This one has gone really quiet.

He was with Uruguay at Copa America until a couple weeks ago, then pretty much right back into Copa Lib and Brazilian Serie A, so no real time to work anything out. If you see him suddenly out of the squad, something might be happening. We might also be waiting on the ESR thing to wrap up 100% one way or the other.  

Hey, just wanted to say this since I recently discovered this and figured this was the best place to post this. For anyone still using whoscored ratings, make sure you guys go into the detailed tab click on positions and uncheck the substitution box. I'm not gonna get into a debate whether someone should be using whoscored ratings in the first place but if you do, doing this 100% makes the ratings more accurate. Essentially' guys who make most of their appearances in substitutions get their average ratings undervalued due to how whoscored's system works so doing this just ignores all their substitute appearances and only looks at their starting matches.

This can lead to a pretty big jump for the ratings for players. Tammy Abraham for example goes from a rating of 6.70 which is the rating you expect a mediocre PL striker to get to 7.16 which is a rating you expect a good PL striker to get. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yea, I’m not even saying he would be good for us, never seen him but you can’t argue with the output.

If he managed that in the premier league he would be one of the best players in the league.

This is him compared to midfielders in Europe’s top 5 leagues:

DDE8DBA1-15E8-4E46-803E-FF7A5B2ECF3E.png

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Liam100 said:

£60m a year until he's 39.      Maybe we couldn't compete with that.   

Yes but we could have given him a discount code to use in the club shop to cover the difference.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Would anyone take Ozan Kabak from Schalke, apparently Liverplop have turned down the chance to sign him for £8.5m … he’s only 21 and has a high ceiling I think. Could be worth a punt.

Having watched him play for liverpool im sure he would only be a benchwarmer for villa even at the 8.5m mark

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Tammy Abraham for example goes from a rating of 6.70 which is the rating you expect a mediocre PL striker to get to 7.16 which is a rating you expect a good PL striker to get. 

Jesus, don't tell @nick76

Other than that. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Having watched him play for liverpool im sure he would only be a benchwarmer for villa even at the 8.5m mark

Yeah, I think he needs coaching and developing, but from what I saw I thought there was a player there somewhere. And at 21 I think he has time to get better and better

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, I think he needs coaching and developing, but from what I saw I thought there was a player there somewhere. And at 21 I think he has time to get better and better

For that money, he'd be worth a punt. He was good in a struggling Schalke side where he was trying to catch a tidal wave in a bucket but I think he could be integrated in slowly and allowed to develop a bit before being thrown in. One concern that I would have is that he looks very slow.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Palace signing Guehi from Chelsea. 
If their signings click and realise their potential, their strategy is going to bear fruit. I like what they're doing this Summer. 

What odds relegation? They've been clinging on for years

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Palace signing Guehi from Chelsea. 
If their signings click and realise their potential, their strategy is going to bear fruit. I like what they're doing this Summer. 

It’s a risky one though… looks a little like us in 2015; just replace half the squad and hope it all clicks

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s a risky one though… looks a little like us in 2015; just replace half the squad and hope it all clicks

Was exactly my thought as well! We signed some players who looked good and have gone in to be good but we failed to make a team of them and then stunk the league out.

On the other hand Palace don't have Sherwood as their manager so have that in their favour!