Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Luiz is absolutely useless. Villa’s midfield has always looked much better with Marvellous and Luiz on the bench. If Roma or anyone else are prepared to pay 25m-30m for Luiz then I’d snap their hands off and I’m sure Smith would too.

Wow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who do Liverpool replace Salah with if gets injured? You're talking pipe dream signings based on hypothetical injuries. No club is run like that especially under FFP besides the fact Smith and Purslow have waxed lyrically about the difficulty of making signings, there's 4 parties to agree before it has legs. You seem to be living in some computer game football manager world where signings are so easy

I think you are too focused on the what if Watkins gets injured part of this mate. I would flip this debate and say who have we got to come off the bench to change a game?

I don’t think Declan Rice is that good… yet, but he probably could get better. He strikes me as a ‘Scott Parker’ sort of player, just runs around lot and makes risky challenges. I haven’t seen a lot of him though so if others think he’s great I’ll take you more informed viewpoints.

I would really like Conor Gallagher… not sure if he intends to stay at Chelsea or go. If he’s going I’d really like us to try to get him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Luiz is absolutely useless. Villa’s midfield has always looked much better with Marvellous and Luiz on the bench. If Roma or anyone else are prepared to pay 25m-30m for Luiz then I’d snap their hands off and I’m sure Smith would too.

What the Brazilian midfielder who starts for the national team is widely regarded as a massive prospect and is still only just 23!?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, striker said:

He's still young. We have a habit of selling players before they develop their 'man strength' and we shouldn't do it again. He's playing in the most physically demanding league in the world and, over the next few years, he has the potential to develop into a class act. Look at what Kevin De Bruyne was doing when he was Luiz' age (bumming around in the German league because Chelsea didn't think he was up to much). Not the same position, granted, but KDB (like most men) physically developed in his mid-twenties. 

The Brazil national team seem to see something in him. I reckon he'll push on again this coming season.

• Like 1

He's not useless

I'd also question who would could buy better for the £12m he cost us and suggest we couldn't, I'm not entirely convinced we'd do much better than what we already have if we were to sell him for £25m

Just need to get the right midfield unit, all fit and in form, Luiz, Mcginn and Barkley wasn't it, the third player in that trio has to make Luiz click and McGinn click...its a huge signing 

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

He needs this hair cut back though.

Celebrate Premier League GIF by Aston Villa FC

That's the hairstyle I used to give CJ from GTA San Andreas when I went to the barbers.😄

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think Declan Rice is that good… yet, but he probably could get better. He strikes me as a ‘Scott Parker’ sort of player, just runs around lot and makes risky challenges. I haven’t seen a lot of him though so if others think he’s great I’ll take you more informed viewpoints.

I would really like Conor Gallagher… not sure if he intends to stay at Chelsea or go. If he’s going I’d really like us to try to get him.

Conor gallagher, is a very industrious player, i like him, but wouldn't want to pay big money for him.

Declan Rice, is like all players, has form dips ,but when he is on it, he is a fine player....but you have to be tuned in to what he does, or is expected to do.

Personally, as a fan, it took me much longer to understand and appreciate the art of a defensive, central midfielder.....Des Bremner was the player, who I changed my opinion of the role.....they are the orchestrators, if you get a good one...most things go through them.....sometimes only the very best are noticeable to the non discerning eye.

its the role, that is not easily appreciated enough.

maybe jedinak can train one from the academy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Messi is now officially a free agent.

Start the thread, he's coming.

We have the money, would be ace before his playing time is over.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Harry Winks would be an upgrade on Hourihane, but that's about it. Certainly would no want the club to spend money on him, not even £1

He only looks half decent when the team around him is playing well, bit of a nothing player. Sideways passes and doesnt get stuck in either. Baffled me when he was consistently getting picked for England.

Hourihane is the better player for me, at least he bangs in goals and gets lots of assists. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

if Roma came in with a 25-30m offer for Luiz, I'd take it. 

He's not a bad player but I don't really know what he's good at. He's a jack of all trades but a master of none. He's not particularly physical, he doesn't dictate the play, he doesn't get assists and doesn't really score. I think we'd benefit massively from having an Oriel Romeu type in there. A bit of an animal who never hides.

Unfortunately, as much as I want Luiz to be the silky Brazilian we all crave, I think he's the weak link in our midfield at the moment. He had a pretty poor season tbh and lost his place on a few occasions to Nakamba who is very average. 

A new DCM and an ACM is an absolute must if we want to improve and progress this season. That's provided Grealish stays. If he leaves then all bets are off and I have no idea what we'll do. 

I agree.

• Like 1