Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Will Hughes is a good player and Shakespeare is a massive fan. I’ve been expecting this rumour for a long time. Having said that you can’t read anything into a few footballers messing about. If we are interested and can get him for less than £15m, I would be happy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I initially read that wrong😂 Amazing how one letter changes a whole sentence 

Let’s eat, Grandma!

Lets eat Grandma!

Grammer. Saving lives since forever.

• Haha 1

Are these the kind of players that are going to take us “to the next level” or really enhance and progress us? To take us into Europe?

NO

Don’t need, don’t want. We have enough decent midfielders as it is. We need better or different.

And I say that without deriding any of them. But none of these names excite me, they are more suited to lower end teams and we want to be better that that.

I don’t believe the links and would hope that we are more ambitious and intelligent in our recruitment.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Let’s eat, Grandma!

Lets eat Grandma!

That wasn’t the version I knew, that’s a PG version to my X rated version I knew

Let’s eat out, Grandma!

Lets eat out Grandma!

Adam Sandler Comedy GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nick76 said:

That wasn’t the version I knew, that’s a PG version to my X rated version I knew

Let’s eat out, Grandma!

Lets eat out Grandma!

I was happier before I knew yours 😂

I haven’t seen enough of Winks to make my mind up on him. He’s played for England and obviously fell out of favour towards the end of Mourinho’s reign. He seems a bit too similar to what we’ve already got, a tidy central midfielder. But having only watched him a couple of times, he might be more than that. 

For the first time in a long time, I trust Smith and co to get it right. So I’m pretty chilled about who we sign these days. 

• Like 1

If winks was Spanish’s I think some would have a better appreciation of his talents. He is a bit too similar to what we have IMO can wouldn’t be against signing him for the right price… 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

it’s still crazy to me that we probably only have one player in Jack that could be in the top 20 of this list and would be joint 10th with four other players, all our other players are probably outside the top 20 of 75k per week.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15458374/man-utd-wages-revealed-sancho-transfer/

14E4607D-2A3F-448C-A641-D5127249A8A2.jpeg

Edited by nick76

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

it’s still crazy to me that we probably only have one player in Jack that could be in the top 20 of this list and would be joint 10th with four other players, all our other players are probably outside the top 20.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15458374/man-utd-wages-revealed-sancho-transfer/

14E4607D-2A3F-448C-A641-D5127249A8A2.jpeg

So many below average players on insane weekly wages on that list. Martial, Fred and Van De Beek to name just a few. Pogba looked impressive for France in the Euro's but he's been awful for United so often.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If winks was Spanish’s I think some would have a better appreciation of his talents. He is a bit too similar to what we have IMO can wouldn’t be against signing him for the right price… 

Do you think he’s better than any of our CMs and would offer any better or different?

I don’t see it personally. Not saying he’s a bad player but one we don’t need and wouldn’t be worth the cost imo. Would be a waste.

I’d rather focus on Sanson and see how he does in that position. We’ve got McGinn 🎵  too

Luiz could return to form too, maybe even improve…