Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Ultimately whoever we buy has to be better now or have the potential to be better than our best players in each position currently starting.

So Mings/Konsa, McGinn, Watkins, Traore 

Accepting we won't get better than Grealish 😃 

It's quite the challenge for the recruitment team!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Ultimately whoever we buy has to be better now or have the potential to be better than our best players in each position currently starting.

So Mings/Konsa, McGinn, Watkins, Traore 

Accepting we won't get better than Grealish 😃 

It's quite the challenge for the recruitment team!

It’s great that we seem to be in good hands as well (until they prove otherwise)

I don't think we particularly need him but Will Hughes is a very good player, probably Watford's best, and if he were to sign the rest of our midfield would have to play very well to keep him out of the team.

Seems one of those that people are dismissing because he's an unfashionable name from an unfashionable club, or they've seen others being critical of him and are just going along with it presumably without actually having seen him play much, something that seems to happen a lot on here recently, see also the reactions to Cantwell.

I wouldn't read too much into that Foster thing anyway if he knew there was any serious chance of Hughes joining us he wouldn't be joking about it like that on a video that was going to be released into the public.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think some of you might want to talk to the relatively sane Spurs supporters about Harry Winks before you write him off. 

His progressive passing numbers are off the charts. Many of them think he has been misused and mismanaged. I’m not entirely sure how he would fit in to our system, but he’s a lot better footballer than some of you are making out and our recruitment team have earned my trust.  

I'd take Winks all day

I don't believe we're going to sign or are even interested in any of WInks, Hughes or Ward Prowse, it doesn't make sense that we'd be interested in players of their type. The most reliable midfield link we've had is Percy linking us to Romeu from Southampton, it's said that a deal is remote, but the fact that we're interested in him tells you the kind of midfielder that we want even if we can't get him specifically, we want a tough tackling DM, someone to help protect the back four.