Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do you think he’s better than any of our CMs and would offer any better or different?

I don’t see it personally. Not saying he’s a bad player but one we don’t need and wouldn’t be worth the cost imo. Would be a waste.

I’d rather focus on Sanson and see how he does in that position. We’ve got McGinn 🎵  too

Luiz could return to form too, maybe even improve…

I completely agree and should have added my assumption is he would be signed as a replacement for X CM? … Marv? 

Just now, thabucks said:

I completely agree and should have added my assumption is he would be signed as a replacement for X CM? … Marv? 

He’s not a DM is he? Marv is the only traditional one that we have.

Winks looks small and lightweight but is probably decent on the ball and has an eye for a pass.

I prefer our own players.

I would just like us to have a good, high quality option for DM. Someone taller and stronger with both quality on the ball (again, help control possession & dictate play and to help mix it & compete in the mf battle) and some aerial prowess too.

I don’t think we need another CM or box-to-box player unless we find someone exceptional and way better, at good value. It’s just not a priority.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

off topic everton want to get ben white before arsenal😂

Just read Citeh are also pondering a bid of Laporte goes… But let’s not get I obsessive about them - jokes on us if Smith-Rowe stays and they could conceivably finish higher than us all things said…

Just now, Jas10 said:

Will Arse manage to sign anyone? 🤣

If players have any sense, they will avoid Emirates.

That club have swiftly gone backwards since their fans hounded Wenger out.

Many of us knew this would happen to them and I'm glad.

Oh how they must crave top 4 finishes nowadays.

Karma always collects.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If players have any sense, they will avoid Emirates.

That club have swiftly gone backwards since their fans hounded Wenger out.

Many of us knew this would happen to them and I'm glad.

Oh how they must crave top 4 finishes nowadays.

Karma always collects.

Spurs are just as crap. We need to overtake the pair of them, we have a great opportunity to do so.

Leicester have taken their place, a formidable team tbf. Hopefully we can reach that level in the not too distant future… so much depends on our recruitment…

19 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Sanson?

Hit about 5 a season for Marseille so unlikely he can get close to 10 as doubt he'll be starting 30 games.

We could just push McGinn up into Barkley role and hope he gets his scoring mojo back from two years ago and if it dosen't work try to find someone in January but it's an area we're lacking unless all our wide options are all going to hit 10 + goals which seems pretty optimistic or we get in another striker who can get 10-15 which again dosen't feel likely if they're going to be back up to Ollie.

We simply don't score enough goals to seriously challenge for top 6 with our present squad. Likes of West Ham and Leicester comfortably outscored us and remember our defence performed well above what was expected which may not happen again next season.

West Ham with Soucek knocking in pretty much double figures with him playing as an 8 shows it can be done especially as we're finally doing something about our mediocre set pieces.

Edited by VillaChris

We are obviously working hard on deals under a veil of secrecy as all links have dried up outside the cut&paste ctrl ins player club BS Clickbait… 

Seems ages ago we were stalking Sarr’s insta… Watching YouTube compilations of south American wünderkids & Glorious #10’s is Alvarez & de Arrascaeta… Smith-Rowe weekly saga.
I guess we were spoilt a lil with Buendia in the bag such early doors. Then the left field & IMO astute signing of Young… Where’s the next link coming from I need my fix of the next random foreign player to research and obsess over … Or we sign Jack wilshere - jokes!

I wonder if any of our business plans are  hinging on Jack’s future?

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't think we particularly need him but Will Hughes is a very good player, probably Watford's best, and if he were to sign the rest of our midfield would have to play very well to keep him out of the team.

Seems one of those that people are dismissing because he's an unfashionable name from an unfashionable club, or they've seen others being critical of him and are just going along with it presumably without actually having seen him play much, something that seems to happen a lot on here recently, see also the reactions to Cantwell.

I wouldn't read too much into that Foster thing anyway if he knew there was any serious chance of Hughes joining us he wouldn't be joking about it like that on a video that was going to be released into the public.

Surely we would've moved for him last summer? Just relegated with his club and Shakespeare had worked with him for six months so could've put a word in.

As key Watford player they could just demand double what they'd have wanted 12 months back unless his contract is running out.

Reminds me of we could've got Luke Young for 2m in summer 2007 if we'd wanted and then signed him for 6m the following summer.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hit about 5 a season for Marseille so unlikely he can get close to 10 as doubt he'll be starting 30 games.

We could just push McGinn up into Barkley role and hope he gets his scoring mojo back from two years ago and if it dosen't work try to find someone in January but it's an area we're lacking unless all our wide options are all going to hit 10 + goals which seems pretty optimistic or we get in another striker who can get 10-15 which again dosen't feel likely if they're going to be back up to Ollie.

We simply don't score enough goals to seriously challenge for top 6 with our present squad. Likes of West Ham and Leicester comfortably outscored us and remember our defence performed well above what was expected which may not happen again next season.

West Ham with Soucek knocking in pretty much double figures with him playing as an 8 shows it can be done especially as we're finally doing something about our mediocre set pieces.

I don’t think you’re wrong, but Chelsea scored only 3 more than us and finished 4th

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We are obviously working hard on deals under a veil of secrecy as all links have dried up outside the cut&paste ctrl ins player club BS Clickbait… 

Seems ages ago we were stalking Sarr’s insta… Watching YouTube compilations of south American wünderkids & Glorious #10’s is Alvarez & de Arrascaeta… Smith-Rowe weekly saga.
I guess we were spoilt a lil with Buendia in the bag such early doors. Then the left field & IMO astute signing of Young… Where’s the next link coming from I need my fix of the next random foreign player to research and obsess over … Or we sign Jack wilshere - jokes!

surley having to wait for jack isn't fair on club

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

No, our plans absolutely do not hinge on Wilshere’s future… 😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Thug said:

I don’t think you’re wrong, but Chelsea scored only 3 more than us and finished 4th

Yeah I always thought those four wasted goals on Liverpool would come back to bite us.

• Haha 2

I would say the biggest hindrance to our goal tally was VAR and dodgy refs 💰 

Then, the absence of Jack.

We will have a lot more creativity this season, I think Ollie will become one of the leading scorers in the league…top 5?

• Like 1