Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

8 minutes ago, The Rosk said:

There were several points over the last year when everyone was crying over the threat of the buyback clause from Man City.  The lad has just turned 23 so still has years before his peak, and is a starter for Brazil's national side.

How on Earth would Aston Villa snapping for £25m make any sense?  Who on Earth would we replace him with for that amount of money that would be better than him/his potential?

Personally, I had no worries, whatsoever of his buy back clause being triggered.

his potential is what it is......a notion he will come good.

I hope you are right, I'm not convinced, but hope I am wrong to be in doubt.

• Like 3

When was the last defensive midfielder we had where the overwhelming majority of Villa supporters actually liked them?  As far back as I can remember, every single one of our DMs had a very vocal contingent of fans who didn't rate them.  Even Petrov was pretty divisive before his cancer announcement.  It's almost as if some are expecting a midfielder built like YaYa Toure, with the motor/tenacity of Gattuso, positioning/tackling ability of Makelele, and passing range/ability of Pirlo.  Anything less than a combination of all of those and they're being written off as being not good enough for us.

Personally, I see a defensive midfielder near the bottom of our needs list...  Our midfield problems last season were largely attributed to Barkley's lackluster performances, putting excessive pressure on McGinn/Dougie.  We need a much more consistent number 10.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

Personally, I had no worries, whatsoever of his buy back clause being triggered.

his potential is what it is......a notion he will come good.

I hope you are right, I'm not convinced, but hope I am wrong to be in doubt.

I agree,in my opinion Man City have no need for a player at his level right now.

I hope he can improve and for fill his potential with us.

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s amazing how short memories are. Go back to the Pre COVID outbreak and pretty much the main topic of conversation was how were we going to keep him with such a Low buyout clause after he had started so well. 

He had a poor end to the season which was undoubtedly linked to the COVID outbreak but is now set to start for Brazil in the Copa America instead of household names that we’d lose our minds if they joined us.

Guy’s a baller. Give he time and he’ll become one of the best midfielders in the league. 

If we were linked to a 23 year old Brazilian international starter who was originally handpicked by Man City and Pep people would be losing their minds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s amazing how short memories are. Go back to the Pre COVID outbreak and pretty much the main topic of conversation was how were we going to keep him with such a Low buyout clause after he had started so well. 

He had a poor end to the season which was undoubtedly linked to the COVID outbreak but is now set to start for Brazil in the Copa America instead of household names that we’d lose our minds if they joined us.

Guy’s a baller. Give he time and he’ll become one of the best midfielders in the league. 

Shia La Beouf Clapping GIF - ShiaLaBeouf Clapping StandingOvation -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Agent EMI…

Correra is wanted by Arsenal … let’s put in a bid of cash plus Wesley just to piss them off a bit more …. 

Edited by thabucks

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

eyes staring GIF

TBH, KEA wasn't a bad player for us, it's just some had unrealistic expectations for him.  Lowton needed more time to get up to speed in the Premier League and eventually came good after we flipped him.  Probably would have come good for us in another season or two.  Holman was shit...  Ran a lot, did nothing else for us, though...

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

TBH, KEA wasn't a bad player for us, it's just some had unrealistic expectations for him.  Lowton needed more time to get up to speed in the Premier League and eventually came good after we flipped him.  Probably would have come good for us in another season or two.  Holman was shit...  Ran a lot, did nothing else for us, though...

I agree--however, I think I remember him scoring a couple of decent long range goals for us, one against Norwich perhaps?

5 hours ago, rayk said:

Agree with everything you say but if his talent trajectory continue I see him as being as good as Pogba potentially.

I don't dare to make that kind of comparison. Seen too many exciting prospects fall be the way side.