Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, The Rosk said:

There were several points over the last year when everyone was crying over the threat of the buyback clause from Man City.  The lad has just turned 23 so still has years before his peak, and is a starter for Brazil's national side.

How on Earth would Aston Villa snapping for £25m make any sense?  Who on Earth would we replace him with for that amount of money that would be better than him/his potential?

Maybe Romeu in the short term with Chukwemeka as a possible long term replacement?

Spurs are chasing Takehiro Tomiyasu, a young central defender playing for Bologna. Interesting alternative to Tuanzebe if he's only available on a loan.

Just want to co-sign others and say that Luiz has shown that he can be tireless terrier. (Post-covid restart he was clearly the fittest player on the team). And I can't emphasize enough, HE'S 23! If Villa are looking for a successful model, surely bringing through promising players, counting on them, and seeing them improve into their prime playing years is the right strategy. 

• Like 3

Paper talk about Neco Willams and Todd Cantwell, hope it remains just paper talk although I guess Cantwell only has 1 year left on his current contract so might be cheap.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

D̶e̶c̶l̶a̶n̶ ̶R̶i̶c̶e̶ Douglas Luiz, is like all players, has form dips ,but when he is on it, he is a fine player....but you have to be tuned in to what he does, or is expected to do.

Fixed :flag:

The Cantwell, Ali, and Winks links are just lazy BS because they are English names and fit the broad criteria spoken of before. They won’t happen - the reality is, press don’t know about 99% of transfer business. It’s all just fluff. 

• Like 1

In fairness Cantwell at the right price would be a decent squad player, same could also be said about Winks. Neither excite me and I do hope our first team 11 ambition is greater than this.

This is what happens when you get links to ESR and JWP then you end up with Cantwell and Winks.

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Where's that?

Birmingham Live quoting an Instagram post by Gabby saying we should sign him for a laugh to troll Arsenal. 

As links go it’s not the strongest..  

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Anybody seen the Renato Sanches link? This is a transfer I would like

Was there a link? I saw a report that arsenal wanted him and he responded on social media saying something like he’s interested. Gabby then posted saying as arsenal are interested we should jump in ahead of them.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

In fairness Cantwell at the right price would be a decent squad player, same could also be said about Winks. Neither excite me and I do hope our first team 11 ambition is greater than this.

This is what happens when you get links to ESR and JWP then you end up with Cantwell and Winks.

It’s exciting to see us linked with such players. It’s only been about four years since we were talking about players like Nick Powell. The turnaround in our timeframe, looking back, is incredible. We’re a lucky club to be run the way we currently are by NSWE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Was there a link? I saw a report that arsenal wanted him and he responded on social media saying something like he’s interested. Gabby then posted saying as arsenal are interested we should jump in ahead of them.

That explains it , I just saw something on social media 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel like everything on the transfer front will be quiet now until Jack's future is sorted one way or the other. Players coming in will want assurances that he's staying. 

smith wanted things done early

59 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Cantwell, Ali, and Winks links are just lazy BS because they are English names and fit the broad criteria spoken of before. They won’t happen - the reality is, press don’t know about 99% of transfer business. It’s all just fluff. 

jurassic park deal with it GIF

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It’s all gone very quiet on the transfer front. This is exactly how I like it. Usually when we expect nothing NSWE pull it out of the bag and it is Thursday after all. 

Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

• Like 1

I don’t want (more) midfield squad players unless it’s a young player with huge potential, good value and could make an impact - such as Olise, yes please. We certainly don’t need more of the same type of midfielder. I actually like Luiz & McGinn and am looking forward to seeing Sanson in action.

No problem with Nakamba, seems like a good personality, but he is too limited for a first team spot.

I think the links are BS, there’s way too much of it now and we are well into silly season, I don’t trust the journos n “itks”.

We don’t want or need deadbeat, overpaid & overrated players (Alli), I would be personally irate if we hadn’t learnt out lessons from the Drinkwater & Barkley deals by now. But I’m not worried about.

Winks is no better than our present midfielders (they’re actually better) and offers nothing better or different. No thanks. He doesn’t offer any strength or dominance either, that’s what we’re missing. No lightweights.

I don’t rate or like Cantwell. We don’t need him anyway.

JWP is welcome more for his set piece ability than anything, without that there is no way I would want him but he’s a decent midfielder and those free kicks are a deadly weapon.

We need something different or a major upgrade. A strong and dominant DM would be excellent.

We’ve covered that to death really but I find these links boring and uninspired, paying them no heed.

• Like 1