Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

34 minutes ago, striker said:

Can’t see anyone paying that kind of money for Hourihane even though I’ve always rated him. 5m tops depending on length of contract left.

True. I thought he had a couple of years left at the end of this season, but he would be in his last year. Regardless, it will be nice to not have to carry large wages for fringe players for whom we have zero chance of selling. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Can’t see anyone paying that kind of money for Hourihane even though I’ve always rated him. 5m tops depending on length of contract left.

If Bournemouth can get 25m from us for Mings on the back of half a good season in the championship after being crocked for years, we can get more than 5m for a midfielder who's scoring a goal a game.

I believe the Swansea manager even said he couldn't believe Conor was available. I think there's enough suitors out there for Conor for him to go for more than 5 million.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually think free agents is less interesting than what youths we could potentially promote to the first team.

We have a pretty good first team bar. And while you can argue we can find better players for Barkley's position, it's probably the depth we need to increase the quality of. As we can't realistically keep two quality players in each position happy, it's reasonable to think some positions should be covered by younger talented players breaking through, who may accept less game time than seasoned professionals. 

I would want youth players to go out on loan before playing for us.

It depends if we are in Europe next year. If we are a large part of the youth team could be given significant game time in the Europa league and domestic cups with domestic loans only really being needed for specific cases - e.g. to toughen a player up, build confidence, bring an ego back to ground etc.

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Draxler and Amavi please.

I was thinking this yesterday. Draxler would be a real statement. He's a big name but he's big, quick, and skillful and a hell of a footballer. His wages would cost a pretty penny but he's a fantastic player.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually think free agents is less interesting than what youths we could potentially promote to the first team.

We have a pretty good first team bar. And while you can argue we can find better players for Barkley's position, it's probably the depth we need to increase the quality of. As we can't realistically keep two quality players in each position happy, it's reasonable to think some positions should be covered by younger talented players breaking through, who may accept less game time than seasoned professionals. 

This is something we haven’t managed to do for quite a while now. I think Ramsey is the only one. However we do have some good under 18s that hopefully can start making the step up in a year or two. 

I think the summer will see  us getting rid of some of the championship steady eddies like Taylor, Steer,  and Elmo. Conor could well be sold if Swansea go up. Engels  (too slow) will go and its up to Heaton to see if he is happy to be a number 2 at the end of his career.  Maybe Nakamba to. Davis on loan finally. I thin maybe El Ghazi might go but Trez to stay.

Hopefully in about 4-5 new signings, of similar quality of last summer, not summer 2019. Eventually the expenditure will have to be lower, or we will have to sell a few for our owners to get a return on investment? 

10 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If Bournemouth can get 25m from us for Mings on the back of half a good season in the championship after being crocked for years, we can get more than 5m for a midfielder who's scoring a goal a game.

I believe the Swansea manager even said he couldn't believe Conor was available. I think there's enough suitors out there for Conor for him to go for more than 5 million.

Last year of contract apparently so I think you’ll be disappointed. Furthermore, no-one in the Premiership was interested so he had to drop into the Championship to get a game.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great player in his Shalke days JV.

Apparently he has signed a contract with a club in January and will announce his next club in March..   🤔

Got a feeling it could be something like Arsenal. lol

What a signing he would be though IMO.

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Not really because of the buy back clause. 

we have already paid 15m for him. we don't need to pay city any more money. we already own him.

Edited by tomav84

11 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Mings was so influential on and off the pitch when he was on loan with us that firstly it vastly increased his value, but also made him pretty much indispensable to us to the point that we had to overpay.  Hopefully Conor can do the same for Swansea - we're bound to get £5m especially if he can be influential enough in getting them promoted.