Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

JWP got me thinking of other homegrown talent playing....

Best home grow team...from youngster, one permanent senior team (can been on loan)..might be wrong on some

Gk - Henderson

DF - TAA - Tomori - Dunk - Saka

MD - Mount - Rice - Foden

FW - Rashford - Abraham - Grealish

Subs: JWP, Winks......

Not a bad team at all (slipped Tomori because he’s still officially on loan until perm switch in the summer).  

Any better?

p.s. I know Rice was youth at Chelsea first but then went to WestHam youth

No Kane?

Edit: just realised he had a few clubs before hand. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, nick76 said:

Wow can’t believe I forgot that one, thanks....Tammy to the bench, Kane into the starting line up.

Nah you were right mate. He’s been at a few clubs before Spurs in his youth. One was Arsenal! 

You got a few Mancs like Tominay and Greenwood. They sign them young. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah you were right mate. He’s been at a few clubs before Spurs in his youth. One was Arsenal! 

You got a few Mancs like Tominay and Greenwood. They sign them young. 

Hopefully that’s what we are doing with the likes of Louie Barry and others we have been picking up

• Like 3

I think the off-season will be similar to the last one; opting for quality over quantity. Taylor, Engels, and Guilbert seem certain to leave, with Hourihane and Elmo looking likely.

So I'd be happy with a new LB, CB, RB, Attacking mid, ST

I like the balance of attacking and defending we get with Traore and Trez, so I'm not sure I'd change anything on the right, and I know the staff rates Kesler, so I wouldn't be shocked if the RB is a veteran on a short contract (or a loan).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Houseoftomorrow said:

, so I wouldn't be shocked if the RB is a veteran on a short contract (or a loan).

Thats what i was thinking . Kessler needs another 2.5 years maybe to hopefully develop into the rb they expect him to. So a quality older rb would be probably how we go, especially with the squad so young. Maybe the same on the left with Chrisene although i think he is playing there out of need rather than because they want him there. Once Kessler is 18 he can then go out on loan for a season and push on with any luck

On 07/02/2021 at 11:59, a-k said:

I get the calls for Jack to play predominantly through the middle, but imagine how much more devastating our attack could be if we had someone who can interchange and switch with Jack out on the left. Now, we can do it on the right with Traore, but not really on the left.

Only noting he hasn’t had a game under the new manager yet.. but Christian Pulisic can play left, right or centrally. Him with Jack and Bert would be tasty, and comfortably explode our current transfer record. If not (I know... not) then Hudson-Odi is a player I rate who will keep getting better, imo. 

I’d rather either of them than Barkley on his current showing. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats what i was thinking . Kessler needs another 2.5 years maybe to hopefully develop into the rb they expect him to. So a quality older rb would be probably how we go, especially with the squad so young. Maybe the same on the left with Chrisene although i think he is playing there out of need rather than because they want him there. Once Kessler is 18 he can then go out on loan for a season and push on with any luck

Probably been said by others before but I can see Elmo getting another year extension. Wages are reasonable and a likeable, experienced head that's solid enough as backup.

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Only noting he hasn’t had a game under the new manager yet.. but Christian Pulisic can play left, right or centrally. Him with Jack and Bert would be tasty, and comfortably explode our current transfer record. If not (I know... not) then Hudson-Odi is a player I rate who will keep getting better, imo. 

I’d rather either of them than Barkley on his current showing. 

Pulisic was a regular at Dortmund under Tuchel and came on in the Spurs game so really zero chance of him being a realistic target.

Hudson Odoi would be more likely but he signed a massive new deal 18 months back so could only be a loan deal and in any case Bayern Munich keep wanting to sign him every window so he'd probably go there.

Conor Gallagher probably more realistic as he's done alright at West Brom and would give us a good alternative to McGinn as he has similar style.

I think in terms of targets I'd be happy with us looking at Robinson from Fulham as left back competition for Targett and he'd cost much less than Rico Henry for example, Gallagher and Lookman as they're all under 25 and fit our profile for most signings now, up and coming players who've already played decent amount of games in their career and looked good in lower leagues aswell.

Would imagine we'll source a CB from abroad (I would be more than happy with someone like Saiss on free transfer to add some more experience to the defence) and I'd really like a proven striker upfront even if they're a bit older to give us a really good option off the bench which we still lack.

Keep everyone we have now in first 11 and that's a really exciting looking squad for next season I think.

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Probably been said by others before but I can see Elmo getting another year extension. Wages are reasonable and a likeable, experienced head that's solid enough as backup.

I was fine with AEM getting an extra year last summer as he'd played a decent part in us staying up but not sure it would be the right decision for this summer.

Of course fine as cover but would you want them playing 20 + games if Cash got a bad injury. Obviously not at LB with Taylor and he'll be released in the summer.

AEM really good pro but think time is right in the summer to let him go.

On 07/02/2021 at 10:40, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok here’s one for you. Finish 6th, a Europa semi final next season and a 10-14th placed finish. Or finish 7th and have a genuine push for top 4 next year with no additional games. With one would you take?

edit: for the record I want Europe. I’m having to accept our league form will inevitably suffer with it. 

A European semifinal at Villa Park under the lights you say, I’ve just come 

• Haha 3

On 07/02/2021 at 22:11, S-Platt said:

If Southampton continue to slide down the table I would go all in for Ward Prowse.  Imagine him on the set pieces that Jack wins.  

I agree unlikely, but with him and Jack getting the free kicks, it'd be an almost guaranteed goal each game

Edited by richp999

5 hours ago, striker said:

Would like to see Ings playing for the Villa.

Not if it meant less playing time for Ollie !

Apparently Ings is looking for European footie, preferably Champions League .

14 hours ago, striker said:

Would like to see Ings playing for the Villa.

I wouldn't want to pay the fee and wages required to get him here at his age. Better to shop elsewhere.

There is loads of players who would improve us but its kind of like saying I like that car x 30 but you are only going to buy one or two and therefore other considerations come into play..

26 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I wouldn't want to pay the fee and wages required to get him here at his age. Better to shop elsewhere.

There is loads of players who would improve us but its kind of like saying I like that car x 30 but you are only going to buy one or two and therefore other considerations come into play..

U are right with everything you say.

But I’d still want him.  He’s quality.

Edited by Thug
Autocorrect auto wronged
  • Like 3

On 06/02/2021 at 21:08, MaVilla said:

you mean......Lingard this summer?!?!?!

No chance. We won't be able to loan him at the same as Januzaj.

On 07/02/2021 at 12:13, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think if some how we get to Europe we’d really have to focus on the Cup in later stages which would mean resting players in the league.

I can already picture the meltdowns on here about subs and rotation after losing to Burnley on the Sunday after a Europa cup tie on the Thursday. 

But we already lose to Burnley without Europe League 😀

• Haha 1