Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Like someone said in the pre match thread purslow said in the  interview that we were going to go after him in the summer but took the opportunity to do it now so now we can relax and get him up to speed under no pressure 

Flip it to positive rather than negative 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I can only imagine he needs more time in training to get in the same wavelength as everyone else. I have faith Deano knows what he's doing.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Like someone said in the pre match thread purslow said in the  interview that we were going to go after him in the summer but took the opportunity to do it now so now we can relax and get him up to speed under no pressure 

ye, they are just allowing him to settle and adapt rather than throw him in at the deep end, good management tbh.

as Villa4 said, Purslow specifically said they went for him im the summer but he was too expensive then, he also said they would have gone back in for him in the summer but they could do a good deal in Jan and as a bonus it would give him ample time to adapt and settle, perfect tbh.

Sure he will get minutes as the season goes on, and without any pressure of a relegation fight etc, excellent stuff, hopefully next season he will be ready to roll.

Just now, The_Steve said:

The luxury of where we are now, we sign quality players to compliment the squad, not rush them in without due thought. Sanson will get his time soon enough.

Yep. It's something I've wished we had the option to do for decades, so I'm not gonna complain about it now. 

This is what big clubs do. Let the player settle, get to grips with everything from tactics, language, culture and housing, before you apply performance pressure. There's a reason why a bunch of our signings from Suso looked better during the second season. We'll see Sanson more next season. It's a long term play. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yep. It's something I've wished we had the option to do for decades, so I'm not gonna complain about it now. 

This is what big clubs do. Let the player settle, get to grips with everything from tactics, language, culture and housing, before you apply performance pressure. There's a reason why a bunch of our signings from Suso looked better during the second season. We'll see Sanson more next season. It's a long term play. 

I’m like a broken record with this but Leicester do it so well. Glad we are now in a position to do so as well.

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bodes well that we’ll be going after this type of player come the summertime. Hopefully we’ll have some European football to offer new recruits so we can set our sights even higher.

42 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yep love it

When we signed Traore he was on the bench for the first 3/4 games, only making sub appearences at first.

If I recall properly, the new boys last season (Luiz et al) also started the first few games on the bench.

Maybe that's how Smith goes about things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

When we signed Traore he was on the bench for the first 3/4 games, only making sub appearences at first.

If I recall properly, the new boys last season (Luiz et al) also started the first few games on the bench.

Maybe that's how Smith goes about things.

It’s took a year for the team to get to understand how we play , the culture and identity of how we play is showing now, expecting a player to instantly slot while we have capable players in that position is crazy , much rather he gets introduced gradually rather than  getting something wrong on the pitch and fans writing him off before he gets going it’s the last thing someone needs at villa of all places I mean Ollie goes 4 matches without a goal and few where saying he wasn’t good enough, why throw him at the deep end without the need to  

Southampton, West Ham and Arsenal are pretty tough sides in a tough league to make your debut against. Particularly the way each of those games was going when we started looking to make subs.

I can see why Deano has held off playing him too much. Personally I think a proper Midfield 3 today (I.e. bringing Morgan on for Barkley instead of Ramsey) would've helped us out more in the final 20 minutes. But again, Arsenal are a good side and making a mistake to cost us 3 points Vs Arsenal would've been a horrid way to get off to his Villa career. 

We rested Dougie today, I think he'll rest somebody for part of the Brighton game and we'll see Morgan on the pitch and With more time than against West Ham

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

might assume this meant we had 11m flex in our budget before it impacted FFP?, so 11m now.....4m out of our summer budget?

I believe it’s more to do with Marseille who need cash.  Generally you don’t pay so much upfront.  While a fee is agreed upfront, cash is paid in instalments in similar portions.  

Given we have paid a larger cash portion upfront with no change overall fee (exc bonuses) it seems we gave more cash to them now as they need it now, maybe we got a slightly reduced overall fee (exc bonuses) in return.

• Like 2

Â