Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

sell luiz and play sanson in the luiz position, i think this would be a good move for all concerned. would be great for the new season playing alongside a proper DM in kamara

I don’t mind this. It worked out well for them the last time they played together. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 4

On 26/05/2022 at 06:38, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Any thoughts and insight on Sanson?

Hey Jamaican-villan! To be honest I’m a bit mixed when it comes to Sanson. I liked him when he played with Rudi Garcia as the coach. His second season wasn’t great but I’d say that the whole team underperformed that year.
Can’t really say anything about his first season with us as he only played 18 games with us if I’m remembering correctly.

That being said I felt by the time we had AVB as coach the player seemed to stagnate. I don’t know if I didn’t care for him any longer, or just wanted to see him play like he’d did with Garcia but things seemed different. I guess that in my opinion I expected that after having an awesome season he would continue to develop in the same way. But in all I think he definitely is an awesome player but maybe he just hit his apex in Marseille? I guess that he just to find that right balance for things to be the same at Villa or elsewhere. I will say that don’t remember him getting injured often but when he did it was for a longer period of time.

What do Villa fans think of Sanson Jamaican-Villan?

• Like 1

On 26/05/2022 at 06:00, MWARLEY2 said:

I know we didnt make the most of Morgan Sanson but i really do think that once he settles Kamara will be a big success for us. He is absolutely everything we have needed at the base of midfield. A calm under pressure eyes in the back of his head defensively minded player who will fight to the end. He seems quite skinny but seems to put all his weight into tackles and times his tackles very well 

Oh yeah. If Sanson is available for loan would you take him back at OM ? 

Hey Mwarley2! Do you think that with Kamara being around that might change things with Sanson? Why do you think that things haven’t worked out with Sanson yet? It seems that he’s been injured with your team as well as when he used to play with us..

As I was telling Jamaican Villan my feelings are mixed when it comes to Sanson. I generally loved him when he played with Rudi Garcia as coach. When he started with us he was pretty good I’d say. (I think that he only played about 18 games 🤔😅)

But I feel as time went on I didn’t care for him as much. I just didn’t feel that the way he played with AVB was that amazing. 

Yeah, injury’s happened  throughout his time with us so maybe he is a little injury prone? I can’t really say as I don’t remember if that was such a factor.. Either way I feel like he had an awesome season (the one where we go to the Europa league final)  and I expected that he would just continue in that direction.

So, I’d probably say no to answer your question. He was a decent player that had a good run with our team. But, generally having players return back to their former team can be a problem. So, I’d honestly like to see him succeed with Villa or any other team for that matter.

What are your thoughts on Sanson? Do Villa fans feel like he’s a decent player?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrOM15 said:

What are your thoughts on Sanson? Do Villa fans feel like he’s a decent player?

A lot of Villa fans seem to have different opinions about Sanson.

Some think he was a waste of money and needs to be sold.

Some think he has shown some very good skills in terms of passing, ball retention, composure etc when he has had the chance to play, and want to see him given a chance.

He has been injured for an awful lot of his time with us, and any chances he has got havent been multiple games, maybe he is just rusty or lacking confidence, but whenever he does get a game, he seems to always be dropped the next game for some reason, even if to the eye, he wasnt the worst of the 3 midfielders.

It is strange, as in the few times he was fit, neither the previous manager, or the current one, seems to want to give him a run of games.

Personally, i think he looks a very tidy player when i have seen him, but he has had a stupidly large amount of injuries basically since the day he joined us, i had hoped he would get a run of games to get some confidence and game time, to see what he can do, but he just never seems to get it, whether its the coach doesnt rate him, or he isnt trying/showing it in training, i really dont know, its a bit of a Villa/Sanson mystery......

Sanson just seems to have been a bit of an enigma since he joined, he is clearly talented, but for some reason (other than injury), he just hasnt been given a lot of game time when he is/was fit.

With regard to Kamara, do you think he is as good as the media are making out? (ie: a super talent).

Edited by MaVilla

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed this post… wonder what his and our plans are regarding his stay at the club.

Could he play with Kamara again? We do need depth but he wasn’t available enough, needs to stay fit for a start. I think he definitely has enough quality to get game time for us but it’s also hard for him to get a look in when McGinn is so favoured, regardless of form.

Been such a frustrating time for him here but its always seemed like he wants it to work, that may be out of his hands though… 

Personally, I’d like someone more physically imposing to line up with and assist Kamara on the defensive side and allow our attacking players to thrive. But we do need options especially with the extra allocation on subs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I’d look to keep him for the season at least as it may help Kamara settle quicker with a familiar face around.

I still think he has a part to play with us. 

He definitely doesn't. Ash Young was getting junk minutes over him.

He's gone

Gerrard's mind is made up.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Just noticed this post… wonder what his and our plans are regarding his stay at the club.

Could he play with Kamara again? We do need depth but he wasn’t available enough, needs to stay fit for a start. I think he definitely has enough quality to get game time for us but it’s also hard for him to get a look in when McGinn is so favoured, regardless of form.

Been such a frustrating time for him here but its always seemed like he wants it to work, that may be out of his hands though… 

Personally, I’d like someone more physically imposing to line up with and assist Kamara on the defensive side and allow our attacking players to thrive. But we do need options especially with the extra allocation on subs.

Lucky girl 

• Like 1

There is a player in there somewhere, but he seems to be out of favour and has been with the last two head coaches.  There has to be some reason why he doesn't play regularly and I suggest Villa will cash in if they get the chance.   We don't get to see what he does, or doesn't do in training every day. 

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He definitely doesn't. Ash Young was getting junk minutes over him.

He's gone

Gerrard's mind is made up.

So true. Obviously not in Gerrard's plan going forward.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I suspect he will go out on loan to a ligue 1 club with us paying a majority of the wages. So much for the 'he  is a  bargain as his contract was running out'  talk when we signed him 18 months ago.

Well, this statement is based purely upon the made up stuff you said at the beginning.. 

On 06/05/2022 at 15:29, Adam2003 said:

We absolutely were a shambles but both of them showed plenty of quality that a large group of fans could tell it was a big mistake letting them go cheap. As you say though the actual mistakes happened earlier and there were a lot more of them than management of a couple of midfielders! All very toxic as @The Fun Factory says.

As a fan base though (well and as a modern society) we are fairly impatient with players which means a lot struggle then go on to be better elsewhere - you can even see back in the Grealish thread in our first season back quite a few people on here were saying he was a Championship player and we should bin him off; two seasons later he was £100m.

All this to say I’d always favour giving players more time in a situation like this. There’s definite quality there.

it can work both ways ......indecision on a player, who is not going to improve, is equally as common as missing out, by letting them go prematurely.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Got married today

His insta pics of a group of lads going to Vegas when the season finished makes sense now, living the dream

Whatever he's doing this summer won't happen soon 

good of the AVFC official twitter to RT his wedding pics. nice touch

• Like 2

Â