Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

On 13/06/2022 at 11:03, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Well, this statement is based purely upon the made up stuff you said at the beginning.. 

Pardon? It was definitely  mentioned at the time that  the club thought it was a good price when we bought Sanson in the January window as his contract was running out. But as he hasn't never really played much and it looks like we want to get rid of him in the long run it has not been a good purchase. That isn't made up. I haven't got a crystal ball but it looks like Gerrard doesn't rate him and he will be off in the summer.  There were numerous  chances at the end of the season that he could have go some game time but he didn't.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Pardon? It was definitely  mentioned at the time that  the club thought it was a good price when we bought Sanson in the January window as his contract was running out. But as he hasn't never really played much and it looks like we want to get rid of him in the long run it has not been a good purchase. That isn't made up.

I've moved on now mate, too late. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Part of me wonders if Gerrard had voiced concerns with Sanson regarding a lack of steel in the team last season, hence why McGinn played every minute. I wonder if he's been assured of more game time this coming season, in what will surely be a better balanced side.

Either that, or he'll be sold in the next few weeks 🤣

I certainly hope it's the former though, as he looks a very capable player technically.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Part of me wonders if Gerrard had voiced concerns with Sanson regarding a lack of steel in the team last season, hence why McGinn played every minute. I wonder if he's been assured of more game time this coming season, in what will surely be a better balanced side.

Either that, or he'll be sold in the next few weeks 🤣

I certainly hope it's the former though, as he looks a very capable player technically.

That's the optimistic take for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not playing Sanson more is about the second worst thing I can think we've done (the first being not playing Buendia more).

If we wanted him gone, we could have easily given him 10 or 15 minute cameos that would have put him in the shop window and seen other clubs realise that actually he isn't a waste of a spot.

If we see something in him and want to keep him, why was he not replacing McGinn in those last 20 minutes where his fitness has dropped off a cliff.

It's a truly bizarre situation. 

Traoré and Bailey clearly had their fitness issues and were competing for spots that didn't match their ideal position anyway, so possibly more understandable how they didn't get so much time. Sanson is a real mystery case for me. 

If we sell him for anything less than what we paid, we've had a mare. Especially given we supposedly got him way below market value.

Gotta say i completely agree, 100% with this.

My mind literally boggles as to the reasons for it.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Gotta say i completely agree, 100% with this.

My mind literally boggles as to the reasons for it.

I suspect we'll never find out why. Still holding out hope we see what all the hype was about, while he's playing for us.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can see him going and doing well to be fair. Shame.

Some players, just don't work out at certain clubs. Right Player, wrong time, wrong team, wrong system, wrong Managers, unfortunately times injuries etc etc.

It will never make sense to me. 

Played well nearly every time he got a chance.

I'd rather have him at Villa than Gerrard I can tell you that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It will never make sense to me. 

Played well nearly every time he got a chance.

I'd rather have him at Villa than Gerrard I can tell you that.

In fairness he never really featured under Deano either, but let's not have that argument as I know the feels already!

But yeah he's never done anything for me to understand why he hasn't been involved. Which is why I've had to wonder if there's an attitude but who knows.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness he never really featured under Deano either, but let's not have that argument as I know the feels already!

But yeah he's never done anything for me to understand why he hasn't been involved. Which is why I've had to wonder if there's an attitude but who knows.

He played 9 of the 16 games he was available under Smith.  He has been involved in 10 out of 26 games under Gerrard

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played 9 of the 16 games he was available under Smith.  He has been involved in 10 out of 26 games under Gerrard

Here we go 🙄.

So he played roughly 45 percent of games under Gerrard, and 55 percent under Smith. ( 50 percent average )

Now I'd be interested to see who played instead of him in those games, under both Managers.

I've got a sneaky feeling it will have been the same players under both. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â