Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We don’t know all of the factors in play though. Could be a whole host of reasons this hasn’t worked out that we didn’t foresee. Deano didn’t play him either after speaking highly of him. 
Im gutted because I think Sanson is quality. Don’t want this to be one that we regret further down the line, like Veretout.

We won’t. Which is why only 13th placed team in Turkey are apparently in for him. 

I find it incredible that I’ve just read Gerrard is also to blame because couldn’t coach him 😂 

The fans on VT really need to be working for football clubs. They are wasted just posting on forums. There’s a top class midfielder for sale at 5m here and all these clubs out there haven’t managed to see it yet! 

Galatasaray must have an incredible scouting network to be the only lot that have spotted him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a weird one this has been. Liked the signing when we made it, seemed like it had the potential to be a steal given Marseille's asking price was forcibly lowered by the TV deal collapsing in France and the logic at the time of him essentially having a free hit of 6 months to settle in early for the following season made sense. Then despite having no history of injury prone becomes crocked under Smith, struggles to get any kind of rhythm together and by the time he's regularly available again Gerrard is in who obviously doesn't fancy him (in football terms, how could you not otherwise). 

He's shown glimpses here and there that he could have really offered something but it just seems destined to not work out for whatever reason. It's a shame but if it goes some way to clear some space for a new 8 to come in then so be it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because he is better than McGinn eho starts every week regardless because he is the managers favourite

Its why people are riled up. We are potentially losing Sanson, Luiz and Carney all to keep McGinn 

Mate that’s absolute rubbish and you know it. 

1) Smith and his team of coaches also preferred McGinn so this isn’t a “Gerrard thing”

2) We have been in talks with Luiz about a new deal, and the manager picks him whenever fit. 

3) We have offered Carney a new deal, but he isn’t yet good enough to be guaranteed a spot in the first 11.

You are simply making stuff up to suit your anti Gerrard narrative. 

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because he is better than McGinn eho starts every week regardless because he is the managers favourite

Its why people are riled up. We are potentially losing Sanson, Luiz and Carney all to keep McGinn 

It appears dislike for some club staff can cloud the judgement of others.

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont trust Purslow he is to blame for the current footballing mess by hiring his mate without doing any research. Spends 50 million on wide men, hires a guy who doesnt play width

Where is your evidence for this?

I also wonder why, if the bloke is as good as some people are suggesting, is our only offer £5m from Turkey? 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Our club is so poorly run, moan moan moan. 

It isn't.

However it would be nice to recoup some amounts for squad players rather than losing all value. With Traore it's basically injuries so wouldn't blame the club there. Sanson however has barely played so loads of clubs who might take him want to see him actually play first so that's how a player goes from 15m to 5m or loan deal in 18 months.

I wish him well anyway. I actually don't think he's this amazing box to box midfielder a few on here think he is. However he should've got more than 3 starts last season, that is ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It isn't.

However it would be nice to recoup some amounts for squad players rather than losing all value. With Traore it's basically injuries so wouldn't blame the club there. Sanson however has barely played so loads of clubs who might take him want to see him actually play first so that's how a player goes from 15m to 5m or loan deal in 18 months.

I wish him well anyway. I actually don't think he's this amazing box to box midfielder a few on here think he is. However he should've got more than 3 starts last season, that is ridiculous.

Surely Gerrards job is to pick what he feels is the best team, not put players in the shop window. 

If it was a Gerrard signing and he didn’t play him I’d understand the frustration. But he inherited him and didn’t rate him. So why should he start him?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

DS aswell.

That opening 45 minutes at Arsenal was one of the worst I've seen for years, we pretty much did nothing that half at both ends. Sanson got frustrated at not coming on, did something silly and then was withdrawn from the squad for DS final two matches when he could've got starts v West Ham and Southampton for instance.

Gerrard did give him some starts in his first 10 games and regular sub cameos. Think he had covid in that time aswell.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surely Gerrards job is to pick what he feels is the best team, not put players in the shop window. 

If it was a Gerrard signing and he didn’t play him I’d understand the frustration. But he inherited him and didn’t rate him. So why should he start him?

Said just now Gerrard did give him a chance early on and started him v top 6 teams. He came in to start v Chelsea when McGinn was out with covid and then a few weeks later home to Man. United when McGinn was suspended.

We know the strengths and weaknesses of McGinn at prem level by now. He's played his part in getting us up and establishing us in mid table but I think it's clear by now (and post injury) he's not going to be this all conquering box to box premier league midfielder.

So why not take him out of the team for a month and give Sanson a run of 4-5 starts? McGinn was hooked in a terrible team performance at Newcastle with a few minutes left so I assume he'd be left out for a spell after that. Instead he started the next game at home to Watford and we were even worse.

Ramsey was great up until end of March when he probably needed a rest so that could've been a chance to re-jig things and put Sanson in. Instead we keep playing Ramsey until he gets injured.

These were spells when we were losing games so not like I'm suggesting changing a winning team just to get Sanson in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It all boils down to the Gerrard appointment. Some fans are so upset with it everything the club now does is seen in a negative light. Anything positive ignored or a negative spin put on it. 

All faith has been lost with what the owners and board are doing. 

It ain’t about Sanson. It’s all about Gerrard.

I think this is a fanciful notion.

There was loads of criticism of Smith for not playing him. Certainly from me.

Be a poor bit of business to lose him for £3-5m IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think this is a fanciful notion.

There was loads of criticism of Smith for not playing him. Certainly from me.

Be a poor bit of business to lose him for £3-5m IMO.

Was the same for me, i criticized Smith for not playing him as well 

Why would he want to go to Turkey, why would we sell such a rugged hunk of a man for only £5m (worth keeping around to look at just for that much), and why wouldn't any other clubs with more money based in countries that aren't suffering from 800% inflation be interested at that price?

I'll believe it when I see him ITSOTGP before I start making any suggestions of wiping that grin off Lange's face.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

I also wonder why, if the bloke is as good as some people are suggesting, is our only offer £5m from Turkey? 

these types of questions should always be asked

there are 3 promoted teams who desperately need to strengthen who haven't bid

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Look at the players we have signed the past 3 years and their market value.

The owners have done great things Purslow has done great things. It's okay to criticise the fact we kept spending a lot of money and not getting a lot back. 

Jeez. 

Off the top of my head;

Luiz paid £20m value now £30m +
Cash paid about £17m now £30m +
SJM paid about £3m now £40m +
Martinez £20 m now £ loads and loads m +

Add that the 30+ development players we’ve invested in over the last couple of years, will either save us a fortune in the future as first team players or be moved on for generally a decent fee. 

All transfers have an element of risk but that’s part of the game. The policy of buying young talent to develop, on top of developing our own youngsters is a solid one. Low risk high potential returns. 

Some transfers work and some don’t. Admittedly I’ve cherry picked the examples above but the fact is, if a player hasn’t done well with us, he’s going to be less attractive to other clubs too. If we’re consistently selling played for £4/5m and a year or two later they’re getting sold for £20m+ then we’ve got a problem. A market, any market, only exists when there’s a buyer and a seller. If you’re a seller then the more buyers the better, obviously. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It is an unfair stat but I honestly don’t think he was anything special and the more he played the more fans would have eventually seen that. 

Actually thought he contributed to both United goals. The free kick he gave away was him trying to recover from committing and getting caught out in a one two. 

Why do you not think he was anything special? Did you not think he looked technically very good? Was it because he wasn't shooting from 25 yards and flying into tackles? I personally saw more than enough to at least give him a fair run of games so that he could get up to the pace of the PL properly.

• Like 1

Gerrard's words on Sanson were strange. First of all he said "He'll be a big player for us."

Then, after Sanson put in a quality performance, Gerrard says "I need to have a look at Sanson at some point."

Like, how you can be so casual about it like that?

I liked Sanson because he looked as though he could play in tight spaces. Something which McGinn simply cannot do. I'd much rather have given Sanson a proper run of starts and a fair crack at this league, and let McGinn sit on the bench. Sanson had a bit of skill as well.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

Â