Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It’ll be hard to shift him as he hasn’t played.

If we’ve scouted some other Marseille players other than Kamara, I’d use Sanson as part of any deal.

probably go on loan to a club in France

we do a love loan, watching players run down their contracts whilst subsidising their pay as their value depreciates to nothing is the Villa way.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hippo said:

I think he will get a run out at Man City.

Never been a massive fan - but he is an experienced pro - not getting some minutes against Liverpool was criminal.

How come you're not a fan?

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How come you're not a fan?

I always thought he was brought as a squad player and the expectations of him were far too high. 

I think he is good option to have in the squad - but not much more than that. 

Probably have a decent career on the continent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

He is a strange case. Clearly competed well at a champions League level at Marseille yet comes here and 2 managers decide he isn't good enough. Maybe he just hasn't settled in Birmingham?

Gerrard has given him a few starts at least. I think he started about 2 games under DS in total and we had that incident at Arsenal and then DS claiming he had covid or something.

I do think when we signed him DS was thinking "but I have McGinn who starts week in week out and Ramsey coming through nicely so why bother" Gerrard gave him a few starts early on but given it was when McGinn was out I think that says it all and as long as McGinn is fit he starts in our current squad.

I'm not actually sure we'll be able to sell him, a season long loan somewhere feels inevitable to me. Palace will laugh us off the phone if we demanded 15m as they could legitimately ask why we hardly ever start him despite them having a similar midfield and finishing above us probably.

I like sanson and the way he plays...but i have to question why 2 managers never wanted to play him.

Is it his attitude or some other failing in his personality...time will tell i suppose...i reckon he will be amongst the first out this upcoming window

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I like sanson and the way he plays...but i have to question why 2 managers never wanted to play him.

Is it his attitude or some other failing in his personality...time will tell i suppose...i reckon he will be amongst the first out this upcoming window

They prefer picking McGinn instead, simply as that.

In fairness Ramsey getting really good in last 12 months also stopped him playing as he may have got some starts in advanced role perhaps.

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Think he’ll start Thursday. 

he wont. he should, but he wont.

poor guy, really has had a shit time here hasn't he.

my concern is that we've treated him poorly...we're after his former marseille team mate, kamara. you'd think the two of them are going to speak about what it's like here. what's sanson going to be saying? hardly going to have rave reviews about what management etc is like.

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'd love to see Sanson in a run of games instead of Stevie's pal McGinn

To be fair I think McGinns been everyone’s pal, Bruce, Smith, Grealish… etc. 

But I sadly have to agree, he needs dropping, he has moments of brilliance…. But few and far between, heck even El Goalzi had moments of brilliance. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, hippo said:

I always thought he was brought as a squad player and the expectations of him were far too high. 

I think he is good option to have in the squad - but not much more than that. 

Probably have a decent career on the continent.

Brought in as a squad player? What makes you think that? He was one of the top midfielders in Ligue 1. Seems odd to make a move like that just for squad depth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Brought in as a squad player? What makes you think that? He was one of the top midfielders in Ligue 1. Seems odd to make a move like that just for squad depth.

Odd maybe.

But that's how it's worked out. ....at best.

I don't understand why so many here are high on him, and I wonder if it's nothing more than just not seeing him play enough to not like him! 😂

But since coming to Villa he has played 650 minutes in the Premier League and has not managed a single shot on target. He's averaged 0.97 shot creating actions per 90 over two seasons and 0.76 this season. That's basically the same output to the attack Tyrone Mings has had. Defensively, he's offered little. 

12 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I don't understand why so many here are high on him, and I wonder if it's nothing more than just not seeing him play enough to not like him! 😂

But since coming to Villa he has played 650 minutes in the Premier League and has not managed a single shot on target. He's averaged 0.97 shot creating actions per 90 over two seasons and 0.76 this season. That's basically the same output to the attack Tyrone Mings has had. Defensively, he's offered little. 

agree, really don’t understand the obsession about him and needing to play games? Smith and Gerrard haven’t given him games for whatever reason but perhaps they don’t see enough application in training? 

• Like 1

Â