Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It will never make sense to me. 

Played well nearly every time he got a chance.

I'd rather have him at Villa than Gerrard I can tell you that.

Sanson for manager!!

edit: pretty sure we lost every game he played. Probably would have lost the United one too if he hadn’t got taken off. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sanson for manager!!

edit: pretty sure we lost every game he played. Probably would have lost the United one too if he hadn’t got taken off. 

that's a pretty unfair statistic and one that's probably not true either. he was having a good game vs united until his error that wasn't 100% his fault anyway

remember losing vs wolves where everyone had a shocker apart from him.

edit: played the last 20 mins or so in wins vs leicester, brighton, southampton and leeds last season

Edited by tomav84
  • Thanks 1

FFP profit is more important to us than just recouping some of the fee, so it’ll either be a £10m sale (highly unlikely) or a loan. A loan to Gala would not be ideal as they finished 13th last season and aren’t in Europe. We’ll see. Gut says it’s just speculation at this point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sanson for manager!!

He may have got more points than 9 in 11 games at the end of the season. Who knows!

Press conferences wouldn't be as good though.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

FFP profit is more important to us than just recouping some of the fee, so it’ll either be a £10m sale (highly unlikely) or a loan. A loan to Gala would not be ideal as they finished 13th last season and aren’t in Europe. We’ll see. Gut says it’s just speculation at this point. 

Would make more sense loaning him back to France than to Turkey. Agreed any sale for less than £8/9m and we wouldn't be interested. 

Loan to France makes the most sense

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

that's a pretty unfair statistic and one that's probably not true either. he was having a good game vs united until his error that wasn't 100% his fault anyway

remember losing vs wolves where everyone had a shocker apart from him.

edit: played the last 20 mins or so in wins vs leicester, brighton, southampton and leeds last season

It is an unfair stat but I honestly don’t think he was anything special and the more he played the more fans would have eventually seen that. 

Actually thought he contributed to both United goals. The free kick he gave away was him trying to recover from committing and getting caught out in a one two. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It is an unfair stat but I honestly don’t think he was anything special and the more he played the more fans would have eventually seen that. 

Actually thought he contributed to both United goals. The free kick he gave away was him trying to recover from committing and getting caught out in a one two. 

i think he looks after the ball well but offers not a lot at either end of the pitch so agreed he's nothing special, but i dont recall him having a serious run of games to change that. like, 4/5 90 mins in a row. he was the one good player vs wolves as i said, but was then dropped the next game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Morgan Sanson is a classic case of getting better every game he misses. He’s not a bad player, but for whatever reason it just hasn’t worked for him here. Moving on is best for him and the club. To his credit he’s been professional and hasn’t kicked up a fuss. Probably right player wrong place and time. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think he looks after the ball well but offers not a lot at either end of the pitch so agreed he's nothing special, but i dont recall him having a serious run of games to change that. like, 4/5 90 mins in a row. he was the one good player vs wolves as i said, but was then dropped the next game.

Sounds like a French Ashley Westwood.  It’s a shame it hasn’t worked out for him.

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Morgan Sanson is a classic case of getting better every game he misses. He’s not a bad player, but for whatever reason it just hasn’t worked for him here. Moving on is best for him and the club. To his credit he’s been professional and hasn’t kicked up a fuss. Probably right player wrong place and time. 

He’s had a couple of visible tantrums so we’ll never really know what his attitude has been like behind closed doors.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£14m down the drain. Another one.

Bad injuries but also never ever ever really given a chance 

A complete and utter waste of about £20m

Absolutely nonsense posts like this always amuse me. He cost £14m and he's been paid £4m in salary since he joined us. He's not leaving on a free and he's still played 20 games for the club. 

So you £20m number is - as I said - absolutely nonsense.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Absolutely nonsense posts like this always amuse me. He cost £14m and he's been paid £4m in salary since he joined us. He's not leaving on a free and he's still played 20 games for the club. 

14m + wages + agent fees + signing on fees. You can bet it's near £20m so far.

He's started a handful of games in 18 months and we're not inundated with offers. His value is in the pits especially when 37 year old Young has been coming on instead of him.

• Like 1

It would be a shame if we let him go for under £10 mill. I really thought he'd work out with us, there's still a part of me that thinks he can still contribute in some way. You can see he's talented, but a mixture of injuries, the emergence of JJ and I guess both Smith and Gerrard having their preferred CM's has soured his time here. The surprising thing for me is that he still gave Kamara a good word about our club supposedly, so regardless of what happens I doubt it'll be an ugly 'break up' 

Edited by Rustibrooks
  • Like 2

I mean… moving to Turkey doesn’t exactly make you think he was actually all that good, Turkey is the same place we are hoping to offload El Ghazi and Trezeguet too. 

I like Sanson, seemed decent, nothing more though. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sanson for manager!!

He started 3 league games last season. Chelsea, United and away to Wolves 

50 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Plus his pay off as no way he is getting a similar contract/wage in Turkey 

If he is leaving for the reported 5 million then questions need to be asked of Lange and Gerrard. Lange for the signing and Gerrard for his attempt to "coach" him last season when he was available for all but 4 of Gerrard games

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â