Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

19 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I reckon Moyesy would take Hause and Sanson off us for 20 mil. he would also want watkins but we should reject thart one. tbh im not too bothered about douglas leaving, i do think he is a good player but if arsneal paid a lot of money for him we could probably find someone on a similar if not better level.

I think West Ham think they are currently a bit too "Billy Big Time" to go for our fringe players and wouldn't have enough money for Ollie. I can't see Arsenal wanting to pay too much more than we paid for him either. I will be sorry to see Douglas go, but it looks increasingly likely.   

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I reckon Moyesy would take Hause and Sanson off us for 20 mil. he would also want watkins but we should reject thart one. tbh im not too bothered about douglas leaving, i do think he is a good player but if arsneal paid a lot of money for him we could probably find someone on a similar if not better level.

I wouldn’t sell Sanson and Hause for 20m.

Sanson was valued at £30m but bought for £16m due to financial troubles at his club and the manager quit the club because he was sold. Just because it hasn’t worked out here for some inexplicable reason, doesn’t mean he’s not still worth at least £16-20m.

Hause is a great back-up CD, how much do they generally go for? £10m?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Sanson was valued at £30m but bought for £16m due to financial troubles at his club and the manager quit the club because he was sold. Just because it hasn’t worked out here for some inexplicable reason, doesn’t mean he’s not still worth at least £16-20m.

agree but unfortunately i dont see those valuations holding up with the amount of game time both players have had and if gerrard wants them gone then they will take a deal imo, especially as it seems likely both players will want out too.

• Like 1

He is a strange case. Clearly competed well at a champions League level at Marseille yet comes here and 2 managers decide he isn't good enough. Maybe he just hasn't settled in Birmingham?

On 12/05/2022 at 17:56, ender4 said:

Because it hasn't worked out here will dramatically affect his valuation - just like countinho at Barcelona.

I don't think he was ever a £30m player tbh - be pleased if we got £10m for him.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Given the dross we saw today, hope he gets a chance vs Burnley. He won't, but it'd be nice to give him a proper sendoff.

I think he will get a run out at Man City.

Never been a massive fan - but he is an experienced pro - not getting some minutes against Liverpool was criminal.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Because it hasn't worked out here will dramatically affect his valuation - just like countinho at Barcelona.

I don't think he was ever a £30m player tbh - be pleased if we got £10m for him.

Even if he was at one point valued that, the fact he hasn't played will mean we have to take a huge hit on him.  If Gerrard wants rid of him, he should have been playing him to put him in the shop window so to speak.  Otherwise his valuation will have went off a cliff.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Even if he was at one point valued that, the fact he hasn't played will mean we have to take a huge hit on him.  If Gerrard wants rid of him, he should have been playing him to put him in the shop window so to speak.  Otherwise his valuation will have went off a cliff.

But didn’t we pay 15m or so? If we got 10m it wouldn’t be much of a hit. Not sure we will of course

i don't know how good he actually is, all I know is when he has played he has looked decent/promising at worse slightly better or equal to McGinn or Luiz.

IF and a big IF he actually had more starts and run of games it would have been interesting to see how he did, doesn't mean he would have turned out to be what we need or better than what we have, but we're never going find that out, hence the speculation and potential ƒor people to overstate his perceived ability.

If our midfield hadn't for large parts of the last two seasons (and this one so far) been so unbalanced and at times woeful, no one would be 'hoping' Sanson could do better.

If McGinn hadn't become bullet proof and never dropped no matter how awful he played, no one would be calling for Sanson to start and so on and so on.

Fact is whether we like it or not both Smith and Gerrard haven't rated him and decided to give him a fair run of games, despite his fairly lofty transfer fee and previous Champion's League pedigree.

it's pointless discussing him though, there is no way he won't be first out the door in the summer.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

it's pointless discussing him though, there is no way he won't be first out the door in the summer.

It’ll be hard to shift him as he hasn’t played.

If we’ve scouted some other Marseille players other than Kamara, I’d use Sanson as part of any deal.

• Like 1

Â