Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably a bit of both. A shit team because of Bruce made even shitter because of covid.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they went down. Fulham look a much better team.  

A team that was also hit by Covid. 10 players apparently. Still playing on the front foot. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably a bit of both. A shit team because of Bruce made even shitter because of covid.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they went down. Fulham look a much better team.  

I think it follows the usual pattern of the clubs Bruce manages. After about a year the players are drained of the joy to play football having to put up with his defensive non football style of play with lack of any progressive tactics, not preparing the team for the opponents but instead just trying to fire them up before the game, giving excuses and blaming the players after the dire performances, saying they didn't work hard enough or blaming bad luck that they didn't take the few chances they got and having to listen to the complete nonsense of words that just flow out of his mouth as the charlatan he is. 

• Like 2

In fairness to Bruce as a club Newcastle have been treading water for well over  a decade under Ashley. He is a very much a meat and potatoes manager and hardly an inspired choice but until they get sold Newcastle are going nowhere. I think they will stay up but its hardly sparkling stuff from a fanbase that wants to be entertained.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

In fairness to Bruce as a club Newcastle have been treading water for well over  a decade under Ashley. He is a very much a meat and potatoes manager and hardly an inspired choice but until they get sold Newcastle are going nowhere. I think they will stay up but its hardly sparkling stuff from a fanbase that wants to be entertained.

He was a safe choice and a yes man, fits the Ashley criteria nicely.

If that fan base wants entertained then "wor gonna have to roll our sleeves up and batten down the hatches".

Sod the lot of them!

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Also they lost their only really decent attacking player.  It’s almost like us losing Jack for 8 games.. 

To be fair if you mean Saint-Maximin he has only scored once and got one assist (in the same game) before any covid issue, and was on the verge of being dropped. But yes I absolutely take your point that it would be a shitter to lose Jack or one of our other stars long term to this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think it follows the usual pattern of the clubs Bruce manages. After about a year the players are drained of the joy to play football having to put up with his defensive non football style of play with lack of any progressive tactics, not preparing the team for the opponents but instead just trying to fire them up before the game, giving excuses and blaming the players after the dire performances, saying they didn't work hard enough or blaming bad luck that they didn't take the few chances they got and having to listen to the complete nonsense of words that just flow out of his mouth as the charlatan he is. 

Your almost describing Jose there too. Set up to play for a draw

We need Trez and Barkley to be back from their injuries for the next few weeks, given both impact that Covid will presumably have on a couple of the squad in terms of availability, and that a few will likely be suspended for games such as McGinn and Grealish.

Could really have done with bringing in one or two if only on loan.

• Like 1

I have always said about Bruce as a bloke he always a decent person and you wouldn't mind having a pint with him (post covid) but after 2 years of his style of play I wouldn't have him back!  You would think he might be a touch more inspirational this time as Newcastle is the one job he has always wanted, being his hometown club.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have always said about Bruce as a bloke he always a decent person and you wouldn't mind having a pint with him (post covid) but after 2 years of his style of play I wouldn't have him back!  You would think he might be a touch more inspirational this time as Newcastle is the one job he has always wanted, being his hometown club.

I wouldn't have to be within 5m of him. I imagine the smell of kebab would be overwhelming.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

brilliant how opposition fans are losing their shit over this

make us play the kids, make us forfeit, fine us, dock us points, why did they play vs liverpool, the obvious "villa players breaking the rules AGAIN" stuff...glad that the first game postponed was newcastle vs us, the PL have nowhere to go with it, there are also very obvious answers to all of the moaning about us its just good to see people so bitter that they are unwilling to accept it

Of course Adrian Durham got involved with moaning about us

Don't get involved! Man's a bell end but very good at his job which is purposefully making you angry 

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Not sure about that mate. Seems very egotistical to me. It can never be his fault. 

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Here's a thought - if a celebratory hug after a goal (maybe once or twice in a match) is banned... why is rugby (with constant full-body contact) allowed? 

Because the government need a distraction from their latest f*** up in the handling of the pandemic.

Cue - comments from MP's saying look at these footballers hugging each other after scoring - "brainless" was the term used by an MP this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/14/footballers-criticised-as-brainless-for-hugging-in-goal-celebrations-coronavirus

Julian Knight, the chair of the digital, culture, media and sport committee, said: “Some of the scenes we have seen have been brainless and give out an awful message.”

Brainless! - A bit rich from a member of a party being led by Boris Johnson.

• Like 4

I think the hugging thing is a bit much, the world is a shit place now with little fun in peoples lives and that includes the players as well. If they cant celebrate a little positive thing then whats the point especially when they are constantly tested. 

Imagine if Louie Barry just fistbumped his team mates or got sent off for his celebration. It would have killed the moment

Â