Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

8 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Finger's crossed first and foremost that nobody gets properly ill from COVID, that's the main thing.

But having like five games in-hand, no cups or European football for distraction, could theoretically play to our advantage a little bit.

Will typically still have only one game a week, and two every other week for a certain timeframe. Imagine though if we are still like 10 points off top-four with five games-in-hand, the lads will be buzzing.

Given they managed two games a week during resumption, I think (assuming everyone is healthy, again finger's crossed), that this could work to our advantage from a sporting perspective.

Indeed,  I think that is a big if though.

I'm honestly quite pessimistic about our chances of none of the key players having the longer more serious complications of the virus. Certainly in the world of people I know who've had it (relatively small sample size) the 10 days timeframe of symptoms is actually not the norm. Some much shorter, some much longer, some getting 2 symptoms, others getting 5 or 6. The whole range of things you hear in the news I've heard first hand from someome i know who caught it.

If only 1 of our 10 first team players that have it gets a longterm complication from it, i'd consider ourselves lucky. For the other 9, i expect there'll be a couple that take longer than 10 days to get over the symptoms, and the remainder will be a mix of asymptomatic and mild cases with no after effects.

The deciding factor for me will be who it is that falls int each category. Imagine we lose our whole defence/midfield to the 2 worst scenarios, or a combination of Mings, Grealish, and Watkins. Then imagine its Nakamba, Hourihane, and Taylor.  This story has a long way to run, and I'm keeping everything crossed we get lucky!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Indeed,  I think that is a big if though.

I'm honestly quite pessimistic about our chances of none of the key players having the longer more serious complications of the virus. Certainly in the world of people I know who've had it (relatively small sample size) the 10 days timeframe of symptoms is actually not the norm. Some much shorter, some much longer, some getting 2 symptoms, others getting 5 or 6. The whole range of things you hear in the news I've heard first hand from someome i know who caught it.

If only 1 of our 10 first team players that have it gets a longterm complication from it, i'd consider ourselves lucky. For the other 9, i expect there'll be a couple that take longer than 10 days to get over the symptoms, and the remainder will be a mix of asymptomatic and mild cases with no after effects.

The deciding factor for me will be who it is that falls int each category. Imagine we lose our whole defence/midfield to the 2 worst scenarios, or a combination of Mings, Grealish, and Watkins. Then imagine its Nakamba, Hourihane, and Taylor.  This story has a long way to run, and I'm keeping everything crossed we get lucky!

From a sporting point of view Ollie Watkins getting a bad dose would knacker things for us for a bit as we've pretty much asked him to play 90 minutes of every game so far in the league so that wouldn't be possible or fair on him to ask him to keep slogging upfront every 3 days when we restart. Would need to get anothe forward in a.s.a.p.

We've have to be most unlucky club around to have 9/10 of thme have long covid, higher ratio than any group outbreak in last 12 months you'd imagine.

In the short run I imagine we'll be seeing likes of Louie Barry, Revan and Rowe on the bench given we know they don't have any issues given they played in our last game and in the long run that might not be a bad thing to push on our promising kids a bit more so it's whether we can get 11 fit and capable players out on the pitch with good first team experience.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Partially true I guess, but we don't want his catching getting rusty. I can guarantee they will train his catching of shots in every session as well, which they wouldn't be doing unless it was valuable.

You would expect his reactions to largely remain the same, and his positional awareness to stay in tact, but keeping your coordination and familiarity in order will all be helped by facing shots from PL strikers, and not from your wife/child/dog/other...

All he really needs is SJM to move in a couple of doors down....

Weirdly the people I know who've had COVID have been unwell for a few days and then after a couple of weeks have been back to full fitness, running the same pace as before. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Weirdly the people I know who've had COVID have been unwell for a few days and then after a couple of weeks have been back to full fitness, running the same pace as before. 

Why do you think weirdly mate? I thought that was the most likely scenario? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because if you’ve known a few people with Covid, there is a good chance one has had symptoms for a lot longer than 2 weeks.

37 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Because if you’ve known a few people with Covid, there is a good chance one has had symptoms for a lot longer than 2 weeks.

I’ve known a few people that have had it and they were ill for around a week. I admit I don’t know that many people that had it though.

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

I'm 99% sure that I had it back in February last year, obviously this was before the lockdown and testing and all that but I had a cough, full on flu like symptoms for about 4 days, completely lost my sense of taste and smell for about three weeks and was constantly out of breath.

I couldn't run for about 6 weeks and it honestly took about 3 months before I felt like I was anywhere near the level that I was at before, and to be honest I'm not sure that I've ever quite got back to that level.

Granted I'm not the fittest or fastest but the drop off was quite drastic.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I dunno I just expected everyone to have months of getting fitness back. But the few people I know were like they'd never been away after 2 weeks. Frustratingly because they're still faster than me 😆

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's no room. The 2021-22 season can't be delayed because the 2022-23 season needs to start early for the 2022 World cup that's been dumped slap bang in the middle of it for money.

The FA should collaborate with other top federations and pull their teams from the Euros. 

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The FA should collaborate with other top federations and pull their teams from the Euros. 

why? all the other federations are on course to finish the season with no issues

Â