Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

As a side note I often get asked why I sit in the north stand, well look at how wonderful the Holte looks. It's even more sensational when it's full and we're winning. The north stand is a depressing uninspired sight.

Hopefully the players haven't been too fatigued by the outbreak and they'll be fit and raring to go.

Yep. The best view of Villa is in the North Stand as you,er, don't have to look at the North Stand.

Back in the day I had a season ticket in the lower north in the MON years, which cost less than 300 quid- good times. The legroom and facilities are rubbish but the view of the Holte was brillant. At its best it was like a wall of sound coming right back at you.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

so is it correct that Newcastle have won 0 out of 8 games since they've come back after their coronavirus outbreak?

(Sheffield, Arsenal, Leicester, Man City, Brentford, Fulham, Leeds, West Brom)

and they had less players infected than us. Worrying!

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

so is it correct that Newcastle have won 0 out of 8 games since they've come back after their coronavirus outbreak?

They beat West Brom 

31 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

A bit worrying but for context they were shite before as well

I think it’s a case of a shit team becoming even shitter so where they would have got the odd win they might have drawn instead. Most of those games they would lose anyway but let’s not forget they managed a draw against Liverpool. 

Also they lost their only really decent attacking player.  It’s almost like us losing Jack for 8 games.. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ender4 said:

However Fulham looked lively especially in the second half last night. Pretty sure they had a few players out.

Newcastle are as has been mentioned playing poorly with a dinosaur at the helm.

51 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The old Brucie 10 match non winning run. I remember them all too well!

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

That's 5 games in 14 days you hack, and the West Ham match won't even be on the 2nd Feb.

The Birmingham Mail infuriated me with their 10 day isolation ending after 8 days, but I kind of expected it from them. Seems its not just local press that are unable to count beyond single digits, truly shocking

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

They won v West Brom.

They've lost 3 out of 5 before the outbreak aswell.

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Looking at the updated schedule, we really have a favorable run of matches after Man City where we can pick up a lot of points and really be in the conversation for the European places. Hopefully Covid does not slam the breaks on us.

Yeah it helps that our tough run has been broken up a bit. It was Spurs then Everton then City then Saints. Now it's just the latter 2. A bad result or 2 wouldn't be so bad, but 4 in a row could have put a dent in our confidence. The stars really are aligning. It all depends on how badly Covid has affected our team really.

Â