Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

On 14/01/2021 at 20:47, Vive_La_Villa said:

As someone already mentioned it’s 

Wed Sat, Wed, Sat, Tue, Sat and then a game a week after that apart from the Spurs game which will be slotted in somewhere. 

I think it sounds a lot worse than it is. 

Agreed. And when we get into Europe next year it will be the norm.

• Like 1

Interview with Dean where he discusses the Covid Outbreak.

6 players and 3 staff initially, followed by 4 more positive tests. 8 U23s were training with the first team hence the weakened team (which we already knew).

A few players with symptoms, at least one having to spend some time in bed. Speaks of a staggered return for everybody, not unexpected and the most likely scenario but a shame we (and they!) Weren't lucky enough to all be asymptomatic. Also makes me think we'll have a slightly weakened team for atleast Man City if some aren't back yet.

My concern is the 'No Chance!' to being positive and then being bed ridden sounds like Jack's words 😅

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

6 players and 3 staff initially, followed by 4 more positive tests. 8 U23s were training with the first team hence the weakened team (which we already knew).

A few players with symptoms, at least one having to spend some time in bed. Speaks of a staggered return for everybody, not unexpected and the most likely scenario but a shame we (and they!) Weren't lucky enough to all be asymptomatic. Also makes me think we'll have a slightly weakened team for atleast Man City if some aren't back yet.

My concern is the 'No Chance!' to being positive and then being bed ridden sounds like Jack's words 😅

think the main thing is no one was hospitalised. theoretically everyone will come back fine, albeit at different times. in a way it's good that it's city and a game we've a good chance of losing so i don't see us taking unceccesary risks with players on wednesday.

looking at instagram stories, the likes of jack, dougie and emi are fine

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Thought the same about Jack but has been posting him doing treadmill stuff in recent days so not concerned.

Sounds like a couple will miss City yeah. He said three players who were meant to play v Liverpool were positive - depends how strong you think we were gonna go for that game but I imagine we'd have been weaker given schedule, so I think mainly first XI players positive based on that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Matt Targett has apparently transferred himself and Grealish out of his FPL team:

Though it was apparently before the Newcastle match was rescheduled so he might’ve just been after double game week players, who knows.

It’s because of Newcastle and the double game. Don’t worry Jack is fine. Just hope everyone get fine soon and keep well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

think the main thing is no one was hospitalised. theoretically everyone will come back fine, albeit at different times. in a way it's good that it's city and a game we've a good chance of losing so i don't see us taking unceccesary risks with players on wednesday.

looking at instagram stories, the likes of jack, dougie and emi are fine

I think that there is a risk that also people who only had the "normal" symptoms still can get the long term symptoms, and in some cases these symptoms can appear after quite a long time, so I'd still be worried about all of them who tested positive, even if no one was hospitalised. Fingers crossed everyone is fine and without long term symptoms.  

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Very anxious to see how the players recover and if anyone has longer lasting effects from it. Salah hasn't been the same since he had it. 

I'd argue that you're making a leap of logic here. Liverpool have also been completely unbalanced as a team due to their injuries. Salah didn't look like he was suffering any kind of covid-esque after affects to me yesterday (as in he was still quick and so on).

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

I'd argue that you're making a leap of logic here. Liverpool have also been completely unbalanced as a team due to their injuries. Salah didn't look like he was suffering any kind of covid-esque after affects to me yesterday (as in he was still quick and so on).

He didn't look at his physical peak at all IMO - same against us. 

• Like 1

Â