Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

Add Targett, Luiz, Konsa, Davis and Ramsey to the already mentioned players seen in training, Villa just posted some photos on Twitter.

Trez already said he had it so obviously no sign of him. Only other usual starting XI players I'm yet to see are Traore and El Ghazi.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

So looks like possibly no Trez, El Ghazi or Traore. The right wing is looking pretty baron! Maybe we will try pushing cash or Elmo up into midfield?

Seems it. From looking it seems the below are not about the team at the moment...

AEG, Trez (we know he has covid), Bertrand, Conor (unless leaving?), Marvellous, Hause, Freddy (unless leaving?)

Also not seen pics of the other 2 keepers? 

Guess we’ll find out today, if Smith spills the beans, or just have to wait for the squad tomorrow. 

I don't get these conclusions. Photos don't show all of reality, and there're usually things happening out of frame too!

Also, all we know is that Trezeguet got coronavirus at some point. We don't know if he got it back when they first got the positive results on the 2nd (I think it was the 2nd). A lot of time has passed.

Traore is in some of the Ross Barkley pics.

But I agree that the training pics don’t really give a true indication of who is at what stage of recovery (other than who is now testing negative) and whether they would be able to play a competitive match tomorrow. I imagine there will be a lot of assessment during these sessions.

16 minutes ago, deeps said:

Seems it. From looking it seems the below are not about the team at the moment...

AEG, Trez (we know he has covid), Bertrand, Conor (unless leaving?), Marvellous, Hause, Freddy (unless leaving?)

Also not seen pics of the other 2 keepers? 

Guess we’ll find out today, if Smith spills the beans, or just have to wait for the squad tomorrow. 

Marv and  Bertrand in pics I saw on FB.

• Like 2

I've made a list of the players who have registered squad numbers who I can't see in any pics released across the club's social media accounts:

8 Henri Lansbury
17 Trézéguet
30 Kortney Hause

Edited by skarroki
extra Twitter pics
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I've made an exhaustive list of the players who have registered squad numbers who I can't see in any pics released across the club's social media accounts (please correct me if there are U23s I didn't spot):

1     Tom Heaton    
6     Douglas Luiz    
8 Henri Lansbury
9     Wesley    
12    Jed Steer
14    Conor Hourihane
17    Trézéguet    
18    Matt Targett    
21    Anwar El Ghazi
22    Björn Engels
24    Frédéric Guilbert    
30    Kortney Hause
37    Mungo Bridge
46    Jake Walker
50    Harrison Sohna
51    Ákos Onódi
57    Ben Chrisene
61    Louie Barry
62    Kaine Kesler
67    Arjan Raikhy
68    Brad Young    
69    Mamadou Sylla
70    Lamare Bogarde
71 Hayden Lindley
72    Sil Swinkels
73    Edward Rowe

From this list the potential starting XI outfield players I think are missing:

6     Douglas Luiz
17    Trézéguet    
18    Matt Targett    
21    Anwar El Ghazi
30    Kortney Hause

I can see us lining up as follows:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Taylor

Nakamba

McGinn Barkley

Traoré Watkins Grealish

dougie has been doing bits on his instagram and seemed ok. if he had bad symptoms i doubt he'd have been doing that so i think he'll play. i think you're right about targett though. no sign of him and a few pics of taylor

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

dougie has been doing bits on his instagram and seemed ok. if he had bad symptoms i doubt he'd have been doing that so i think he'll play. i think you're right about targett though. no sign of him and a few pics of taylor

There is a picture of Targett in training...

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just hope nobody has any long-term side-effects.

think the fact that the starting 11 basically are all training is already a huge relief. it could've been much worse

yes one or 2 might have lost a little fitness but it appears at first glance that we've gotten away with this relatively unscathed

Â