Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

• 2 weeks later...

Are we now seeing the true effects of the outbreak? One burst of energy v Man City but in truth lethagic in every game since.

Everyone I now that's had this has struggled to get back to normal for a good 5-6 weeks (My 12 year old son has had a cough for 5 months and couldn't play youth football re it stopping because of it) especially with breathing and energy levels and im including some very fit people in this - Looking at our midfield inparticular last night they looked leggy throughout and i just wondered if we are seeing the after effects

No for me, I think it's more a case we've just had a run of games against teams who's style we struggle to counter.

Man. City- I was very happy with what we did and we could've got a 0-0 bar for the ridiculous offside goal and Man. City are not even drawing currently.

Newcastle- Strolled it.

Burnley- Struggled v their style last season and couldn't beat them at VP in December. I thought once it went back to 1-1 we stepped up the tempo. Last 20 minutes was just a bad defensive performance.

Southampton- Similar win to what we did at Wolves and Leicester and Southampton had beaten us in previous three games over last 18 months.

West Ham- Another team we've struggled to beat over last 10 years and they have plenty of strength we struggle to counter.

We played Southampton and West Ham in November and lost 4-5 in that period so it's just teams we struggle to match up well against and we've dropped off defensively a bit conceding cheap goals every other game.

Â