Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

If they're back training with the first team they're hopefully safe from the long term effects. Long covid leaves you exhausted until the point you recover. Guess there's an unknown long term side effect that could recur, but fingers crossed we got off lightly. 

Looks basically as if we're struggling on the wing though with AEG and Trez both absent, but with Barkley back we can shift Jack back to the left, Ross in the middle and Traore on the right. Not too shabby.

Edited by MrBlack

20 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If they're back training with the first team they're hopefully safe from the long term effects. Long covid leaves you exhausted until the point you recover. Guess there's an unknown long term side effect that could recur, but fingers crossed we got off lightly. 

Looks basically as if we're struggling on the wing though with AEG and Trez both absent, but with Barkley back we can shift Jack back to the left, Ross in the middle and Traore on the right. Not too shabby.

I would say if they're back in training, I wouldn't be concerned. It seemingly can cause heart complications in some extremely rare cases, but you would hope this will be monitored by a professional football club. 

On 14/01/2021 at 15:21, Sulberto21 said:

As a side note I often get asked why I sit in the north stand, well look at how wonderful the Holte looks. It's even more sensational when it's full and we're winning. The north stand is a depressing uninspired sight.

Hopefully the players haven't been too fatigued by the outbreak and they'll be fit and raring to go.

You’re the Guy de Maupassant of Villa Park. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

I've made an exhaustive list of the players who have registered squad numbers who I can't see in any pics released across the club's social media accounts (please correct me if there are U23s I didn't spot):

1 Tom Heaton
8 Henri Lansbury
9 Wesley    
12 Jed Steer
14 Conor Hourihane
17 Trézéguet    
21 Anwar El Ghazi
22 Björn Engels
24 Frédéric Guilbert    
30 Kortney Hause

From this list the only potential starting XI outfield players I think are missing are Trézéguet, El Ghazi and Hause

I can see us lining up as follows:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

McGinn Dougie

Traoré Barkley Grealish

Watkins

Engels, Steer, Heaton, Hourihane, Wesley, Guilbert all pictured now training on the OS.

So possibly only Trez, El Ghazi and Hause missing. 

EDIT: El Ghazi is there as well!

Edited by bose

35 minutes ago, useless said:

That's Aaron Ramsey in the training pictures, not Jacob, although presumably there's going to be players available who haven't been photographed, so Jacob still might be available.

Jacob now pictured in training on the official site. And Chukwuemeka.

Edited by useless

5 minutes ago, bose said:

Engels, Steer, Heaton, Hourihane, Wesley, Guilbert all pictured now training on the OS.

So possibly only Trez, El Ghazi and Hause missing. 

EDIT: El Ghazi is there as well!

Was just about to say. That blurry fellow on the left looks like AEG!

708E0715-C131-4C16-848E-4B983C2E363D.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'm glad I spent so much time editing a full squad list when I could have just waited an hour to find out everyones available 😂

I have enjoyed the slow trickle of info from various sources to try and work out whose fit in the squad:

1. Players social media posts showing them training at home.

2. Players social media posts showing Mondays training session at BMH.

3. Club posts 4 training pics on Twitter.

4. Club posts more training photos on Facebook.

5. Club posts full set of training photos on official site. 

Got there in the end. Looks like just Trez and Hause may be missing.

• Like 1

Â