Man United v Aston Villa : Pre-Match Thread

darrenm

Remember the last time Manu and Liverpool celebrity fans started counting chickens when we was involved? Their arrogance is intoxicating , their quality is suspect . We can't their reputations affect us , we need to get at them and take our chances ,. Ollie is due some luck and it would be wonderful to see him against Maquire, who will struggle with Ollie's style. Their in for a shock . 

10 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Can never understand the stick that Lawro gets. He is oblivious to any social media bullshit meaning he speaks more freely and plainly than practically any other pundit. As much as I love Dion Dublin the Villa player, my heart sinks whenever I tune into Football Focus to see him occupying a seat. There is so little insight on offer with so many of the pundits, and I just cannot understand why more sports journalists aren't employed on these shows, whose job it is to have all the facts and speak articulately about them.

I work for a charity, and it really reminds me of this football pundit situation; people who have the time to offer their services, but little to no skill for the job at hand. I don't even think this is subjective. For every Alan Hansen, Gary Neville, Lawro et al, you get a Dion Dublin, Clint Morrison or if you are really, truly unlucky, Charlie Adam.

Why are we suffering because these people have nothing better to do?

You think Alan Hansen and Lawro are great pundits?

Pull the other one.

iF barkley

11 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So, who makes way for Barkley.  For me, it's AEG, with Jack moving back to the left.

I honestly think we win  3-1.   Of course that's assuming we play the way we are capable and VAR doesn't give Manure the match.

No it has to be Traore that makes way if anybody. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

So, who makes way for Barkley.  For me, it's AEG, with Jack moving back to the left.

I honestly think we win  3-1.   Of course that's assuming we play the way we are capable and VAR doesn't give Manure the match.

You can't drop AEG with his current form. Instead AEG can move to the right (which was his natural position anyways) and Jack can move to the left.

Edited by hong0311
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

No way Traore keeps spot ahead of AEG. Jack and AEG can and both have played left and right and they switch during games anyway

If Fernandes or Rashford are less then 100% fit, I would expect this game to be postponed. 

If it does go ahead, their confidence will be their undoing, we will counter the life out of them, 1-3, Ollie to break his run and get a brace and a SJM screamer.

• Thanks 1

I think AEG should go to the bench with Jack moving to the left. It gives the team a much better balance with having inverted wingers and overlapping fullbacks. When AEG is on the right, it impacts Cash's game. 

It would be very harsh on AEG, but he's played a lot of football lately and could probably use a break. I'm sure he'd be first name coming off the bench. 

Never been so confident and excited before a match against them.

For me it will be Mings in for Hause. Hause has done really well but I think we'll need better distribution from the back and that's his main weakness. If Barkley is fit enough then Traore will probably drop to the bench, AEG on the right with Jack on the left again. No way Dean is dropping AEG imo.

People are starting to take notice of the excellent work Smith is doing here and what ever happens here he'll continue with that. Can actually see us taking the three points but I'm still getting used to this new Villa so it just feels wrong to be so confident. It wont be easy of course with them in good form but it feels good going in to every single match at least hopeful of getting all the points!

• Like 1

I cant quite believe that AEG has progressed so much. He seems like he has been with us for donkies years and has always gone below the radar. What a cracking player he has become!

Amazing what a bit of confidence can do. What a time to be a villa fan!!!!

We fear no one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

This is the game I really really really want to win.

And me. I'm absolutely desperate to beat these. I just really hope the players are too.

I look around the first 11 we will likely put out tomorrow and I don't see a weak spot. I see a huge opportunity to finally start breaking the duck.

I hope we don't get stuffed by bad luck or some dodgy VAR/refereeing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

No way Traore keeps spot ahead of AEG. Jack and AEG can and both have played left and right and they switch during games anyway

AEG is miles better playing on the left. He does play right but that negates his best attribute of cutting in and shooting. 

Who plays depends where jack plays for me. If hes back on the left then traore is the better option as it's his preferred position. 

Whatever happens we will have a nice substitute later in the game for a change.

Edited by Nigel

On their forum, which I just perused, they seem to think that they might play Tuanzebe at RB... I had assumed Wan Bissaka would play in that position but I admit I haven’t watched that much Man U this season. 
I assume their other defence would be Bailly Maguire and ... Shaw?