Man United v Aston Villa : Pre-Match Thread

darrenm

On 29/12/2020 at 01:23, Kiwivillan said:

El Ghazi has played more games on the right at Villa than left. 42 vs 38

Barkley is number 10. Grealish and AEG used to alternate sides in Championship I remember clearly.

Remember those goals clearly.  I would go with this with Jack and AEG swapping every five minutes or so to keep the Utd full backs on their toes.  Jack always looks pretty comfortable on the right as well.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I don’t think it was intended to offend but was pretty stupid in any regard 

Not as stupid as it is to translate someone's words literally then accuse them of racism against all reason. 

It's great news for us, but it's an absurd decision.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not as stupid as it is to translate someone's words literally then accuse them of racism against all reason. 

It's great news for us, but it's an absurd decision.

I understand the term he posted is colloquial to South America akin to us calling someone Jock, Taff or Paddy.

However, in this day and age it just can’t be done when the term relates to the colour of someone’s skin (amongst other things as well)

anyway, pleased he’s missing tomorrow as he’s settled well in the prem and beginning to look a decent acquisition 

• Like 1

3 things.

We have had extra rest.\ k]\-o4

This will be our 6th game  since the beginning o\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;lak\nrlkn\flnvlkn\fnv\vlkn vlknl\k xljkb clj,n\k;kjmsjnDIKNFKN|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\lkRNSLvknFnvlknflkrJN\p#o

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, colhint said:

3 things.

This will be our 6th game  since the beginning o\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;lak\nrlkn\flnvlkn\fnv\vlkn vlknl\k xljkb clj,n\k;kjmsjnDIKNFKN|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\lkRNSLvknFnvlknflkrJN\p#o

benedict cumberbatch wtf GIF

• Haha 4

We’ve improved massively this season but I’m not sure that we are so good that we can leave out a player who has scored 5 in 5. How can people seriously be suggesting El Ghazi is not picked to play ? 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, smg said:

We’ve improved massively this season but I’m not sure that we are so good that we can leave out a player who has scored 5 in 5. How can people seriously be suggesting El Ghazi is not picked to play ? 

Smith said after the Chelsea game that he prefers to pick on form over fresh legs “all day”, so I can’t see ElGhazi being dropped anyway. Either Barkley starts on the bench or Traoré is dropped.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I'm hopeful that we can get something but not as confident as some on here!

I think it will be like that Liverpool game last year. Really deserve the 3 points and end up with 0. 

or that spurs game 

Edited by kidlewis

1 hour ago, colhint said:

3 things.

Glitch in the VT matrix?

3 hours ago, colhint said:

3 things.

Genuinely thought there was an issue with my new phone.

Reason not be confident:

_116315124_mediaitem116315123.jpg

Reason to be confident:

"Aside from a 6-2 victory against Leeds, Manchester United have only scored four goals in their other seven league games at Old Trafford this season."

As long as they don't score six they don't normally score many!

Come on Villa - it would be lovely to teach this lot a footballing lesson. No dodgy penalties/VAR decisions for United please!

• Like 1