Man United v Aston Villa : Pre-Match Thread

darrenm

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We haven't beaten them since 2009

Well you can add that to the other  records we are breaking, best villa team I have seen since the 90's and arguably the worst ManU team. The only way they get anything from this is if the ref gives it them or they duck out with a covid outbreak, UTV . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

And we bossed that game for large periods. It's a rare thing, a Villa victory at Old Trafford. I think the last time we were victorious there Gabby got the winner. A similar performance would be wonderful. 

You say that like you’re unsure like theres been many such occasions 😂 

We all know its the one and only win at Old Trafford in the Premier League era

we’ve only won twice at home against them In the PL. its an outrageous record. They arent even a bogey team, just chronic snot with lumps at this point.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tinker said:

Well you can add that to the other  records we are breaking, best villa team I have seen since the 90's and arguably the worst ManU team. The only way they get anything from this is if the ref gives it them or they duck out with a covid outbreak, UTV . 

Nah this United team much better. United two years ago probably the worst. 

56 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Nah this United team much better. United two years ago probably the worst. 

Really, They finished 3rd? Rashford isn't good enough now and he was in there team two years ago, but couldn't get a game with Lukaku being there. Sanchez was there as well , although he never really did it for them. I have watched them this year and they are flattered by their position. Chelsea are a far better team and Arsenal as well, believe it or not. Wolves were unlucky with the deflected goal . I will be disappointed if we don't beat them , I can't think of one of their players I would swap for ours , and most Man u fans I know  agree . 

Records are there to be broken and we should hold no fears at all playing ManU, the only thing to watch for is poor referring which has bitten us before with ManU .

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

You say that like you’re unsure like theres been many such occasions 😂 

We all know its the one and only win at Old Trafford in the Premier League era

we’ve only won twice at home against them In the PL. its an outrageous record. They arent even a bogey team, just chronic snot with lumps at this point.

Easy, easy, tiger.

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

Really, They finished 3rd? Rashford isn't good enough now and he was in there team two years ago, but couldn't get a game with Lukaku being there. Sanchez was there as well , although he never really did it for them. I have watched them this year and they are flattered by their position. Chelsea are a far better team and Arsenal as well, believe it or not. Wolves were unlucky with the deflected goal . I will be disappointed if we don't beat them , I can't think of one of their players I would swap for ours , and most Man u fans I know  agree . 

Records are there to be broken and we should hold no fears at all playing ManU, the only thing to watch for is poor referring which has bitten us before with ManU .

Rashford better now than he has been. Sanchez was terrible and their defence was even worse than it is now.

Rashford, Fernandes, wan bassika are very good players indeed. Pogba too hit and miss. 

their squad isn’t terrible. 

• Like 1

Seems like some might be setting themselves up for a disappointment with some of these predictions, Manchester United are a good team, have taken more points than anyone else except for Liverpool and Man City since Solskjær was appointed, have actually taken more points than Liverpool since the restart.

They're clear favorites to beat us, a draw would be a very good result.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

United will be totally motivated for this game as they could go joint top. They will definitely up their performance levels from Wolves. We will have to be completely on it to get anything. I think 2-2.

If you read comments on twitter from their lot you'd think they had won already!

1-0 villa incoming

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Last season they started brandon Williams, Andreas Periera, Juan Mata and Daniel James v us. Their attack and midfield balance is much better compared to 12 months back when they were struggling to score more than once a game (similar to Arsenal now).

Defence already conceded 20 + this season so that's their weak point, quickly transition as we have been doing and gaps will open for us on the counter attack.

Have to take our chances as that's long been a problem v them, even last season I can remember Jack being inches away from scoring a cross and then they scored a few minutes later.

53 minutes ago, av1 said:

Apart from the tramps down the road there isn't another team I'd enjoy beating more. 

Leeds now for me. They played well to beat us 3-0 but that combined with bielsa loving from everyone would love to return the favour when we play them next 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Seems like some might be setting themselves up for a disappointment with some of these predictions, Manchester United are a good team, have taken more points than anyone else except for Liverpool and Man City since Solskjær was appointed, have actually taken more points than Liverpool since the restart.

They're clear favorites to beat us, a draw would be a very good result.

Absolutely nothing wrong with optimism. That is what the team , this season, have instilled in the fans. Unfortunately, there will always be disappointment along the journey. At least this is now a team who can bounce back from such moments. 

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with optimism. That is what the team , this season, have instilled in the fans. Unfortunately, there will always be disappointment along the journey. At least this is now a team who can bounce back from such moments. 

To adopt the words of a south London club, we fear no foe