Man United v Aston Villa : Pre-Match Thread

darrenm

They are a lot about counterattacking and Bruno aren't they?

Guess we need to keep Bruno quiet and keep the distance between pressure lines tight and at the same time don't stand too high up the pitch.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, colhint said:

Not a scooby doo what happened here, maybe the wine? Anyway, can't remember what I was going to say other than Happy New Year.

sweat brow GIF

Thank goodness.  Thought someone may need to call an ambulance.   👍

13 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

On their forum, which I just perused, they seem to think that they might play Tuanzebe at RB... I had assumed Wan Bissaka would play in that position but I admit I haven’t watched that much Man U this season. 
I assume their other defence would be Bailly Maguire and ... Shaw?

Tuanzebe has played 47 mins in 2 sub appearances all season. The last was subbing on for Lindelof who was preferred to play for injured Wan Bissaka who is back from injury. Unless he got injured again and I haven't heard he will play RB

I just think it's damn annoying how manu was five points behind us and then somehow leapfrogged us to be four points ahead. Also, am I the only one being irrationally and intensely annoyed by the way that Fernandes fella takes penalty kicks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

Also, am I the only one being irrationally and intensely annoyed by the way that Fernandes fella takes penalty kicks?

Theres something comedic about it!

30 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Normally I am optimistic, today I am expecting a loss. So would be very happy with a point 

Normally I am pessimistic. But today I am... pessimistic. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I expect them to win, more than likely with the help of the officials but that we are going there to play them rather than try and scrape through the 90 mins is good enough for me. With the players we have now we have a chance and will be positive, two years post promotion that will do me regardless of the outcome. Beating them though would be so so so sweet.

I'll be fine losing as long as they beat us fair and square and not with the help of the officials.

Without that fear I'd feel pretty confident 

13 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'll be fine losing as long as they beat us fair and square and not with the help of the officials.

Without that fear I'd feel pretty confident 

I just hope without the crowd it’s less of an issue, it’s certainly not as bad as in Fergie’s day but the bias is still real.