Man United v Aston Villa : Pre-Match Thread

darrenm

10 hours ago, av1 said:

We could be 15 points clear at the top of league playing a UTD B team and I still wouldn't be confident. Years of pain against this lot has killed all confidence with this fixture. 

God how I'd love to beat these sods. 

They always seem to fluke one out of the bag against us. If Giroud is our bogey player then man ure is our bogey team. Even if all goes well for the entirety of the game, you just know "penalty to man ure" will get them out of jail.

A plucky 2-1 defeat I'm afraid (hope I'm wrong of course.

At least with me working from home i won't have to suffer all the Tamworth and Nuneaton Reds giving it large in the office. Yoof. 😡

37 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

The club that I hate more than any other in the Premier League. If we could pull off a victory at Old Trafford it would be the sweetest of the season for me and help repair decades of humiliation. 

Agree, this is the one I want most. Away at Old Trafford and away at Spurs.

id lose two to Sheffield and West Brom if we can nail those two away game victories. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The only real justification for mings to go straight back in is fatigue. 

The least likely positions to be impacted by fatigue is the centre backs (and gk ofc).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

How many pens will man u be awarded?

As many as it takes. And Martinez might as well not bother to try and save them because if he does it will be retaken.

14 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Whilst not directly relevant to this game... Do you 'hint' to McGinn, Grealish and Targett that if they were to pick up a yellow card in this game then they'd be banned for the cup game they probably won't play in anyway rather than a league game... Innocently and completely coincidentally of course...

Unless cards are competition specific which I'm never 100% sure on.

Tough run of games come up and can see us losing all three at some point before the cut off.

Pretty sure the ban only applies to PL games so they'd miss the Spurs game. You'd hope Jack should be able to keep out of the book 'til the amnesty - it's his mouth that's most likely to get him in trouble - but I can see us having to cope without one or both of Targett and Ginny for a game.