Man United v Aston Villa : Pre-Match Thread

darrenm

12 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

So, who makes way for Barkley.  For me, it's AEG, with Jack moving back to the left.

I honestly think we win  3-1.   Of course that's assuming we play the way we are capable and VAR doesn't give Manure the match.

This is my biggest worry. Im not worried about the players they have at all. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Fully expecting it

100%, it’s Man United and we’ve had plenty of VAR decisions go against us. 

we’ve negated some through winning anyway but VAR has cost us at least two points this season.

Man United will get a penalty or we will have a goal ruled out for a marginal VaR 

14 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Stick it on the dressing room wall, then release mcginn

McGinn is locked up in cells at villa park with pictures of the UTD midfield being projected on the walls on a permanent loop. 

It's not often we beat ManUre. There have been plenty of games over the last 20 years where we have been the better side and lost - usually through some dodgy decision (Vidic in the league cup final, Young's dive in the box.... the list is long).

Given that VAR is completely subjective I suspect some shenanigans. I'll be amazed if Fernandes does not win a penalty somehow.

Still, I'm more confident about this one than any of our previous meetings in the last decade. C'mon lads - do us proud!

Think I'd rather win the game at VP.

As bad as our record is v them we did get a point there just last season and I can still fondly remember the win in 2009.

Not beating them at home at all since August 1995 in the league is just beyond my comprehension so we simply have to break that jinx sooner or later just like the Arsenal one last year.

Good thing is their away form will probably have dipped by the time we play them around April I think and they might have european games either side of our game.

As for selection no way Barkley starts. He hasn't played for nearly 8 weeks now given he was on the pitch for 1 minute v Brighton so dosen't really count and it's rare a player gets thrown straight back in from the start after so long out, Jack is obvious exception.

He'll be on the bench and come on last 30 minutes imo. Then start v Liverpool.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

Feels like it's been a while since we've been **** over by VAR (although they tried in the West Brom game), so yeah wouldn't surprise me at all if we dropped points here because of it. Of course the "rule out an onside goal as offside" is becoming a bit cliched now so I'm sure they'll come up with something fresh.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Can't be doing with all this optimism. 

We're going to get soundly beaten, and the match thread will be a horrible read. 

4-0 

🎶 it’s the most wonderful time of the year... 🎵 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Dunno what cavani posted on insta but that is a pretty extreme punishment 

Think it was very similar to what the Man City lad (Bernardo?) posted.

I don’t think it was intended to offend but was pretty stupid in any regard