• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Traoré (Hourihane 74)
    • El Ghazi (Trézéguet 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, smg said:

It’s not just him, Watkins missed a penalty , defence gave them two goals, and VAR  was VAR, but hey the Villa faithful love a scapegoat let him have it eh %%?

It happens too often with him though. He doesn't contribute enough to warrant staying in the team when he keeps missing chances like that. At least Watkins took one of his two chances tonight. Trezeguet's lack of footballing ability stands out terribly. Every other player in the team is comfortable on the ball. He looks like he's never kicked a ball in his life.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Feels like we are losing every week

Very short road to bottom half of the table. League is so tight

Newcastle game and confidence booster can't come quick enough

Must win game I reckon what do you think?

• Haha 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

You can’t miss open goals and penalties and expect to win football matches. 

Turns out that you probably can if you don't also miss the first 2 minutes of each half.

I'm fuming with VAR, but it's papering over the cracks. It was in our hands, and our players threw it away.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

You can’t miss open goals and penalties and expect to win football matches. 

and apparently you can't expect to draw them either when VAR is part of the equation. honestly though you're right we were unbelievably wasteful and it's so frustrating, but it should have been 2-2.

No Barkley and completely outplayed them at their place, they were filth and VAR and the ref can **** off. They shouldn't have finished the game with 11 men, sheer number of fouls committed by players already booked should have meant a red. Couldn't handle us but we've made a couple of mistakes and been punished for both and not been clinical enough, last two games should have seen minimum two points, could easily have been back to back wins on the basis of the performances. 

Need to keep the performance levels up and cut out some of the mistakes at both ends. 

• Like 4

If VAR was used properly it would be fine, but it isn't. It is meant for clear, potential errors from the referee, a way for him to get some assistance. Instead it is being used for everything and it is absolutely ruining the game 

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

@villalad21 Hourihane was dog shit tonight. He’s no up to this level. 

It's the first time tonight that you could really really see the huge gap in quality from best to worst player across our team. It was like going back to last year when it was just a case to get it to Grealish.

It felt tonight like we had a champions league quality player, a couple of mid top half players, a couple of lower prem standard, and a few championship players. And you can see it in the play.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Do you include the Arsenal match in that analysis? 

We have lost 4 of the last five to bang average sides and if you look at Arsenal's league position and how many games they have lost they are a bang average side too. People just see the word Arsenal and think 'brilliance' well news alert........Arsenal haven't been brilliant for years! With a decent manager this Villa team would be challenging for Europe.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

You mean regular England international Mings? Ok fine.

Yes. I rate him as much as I rate regular England international Jordan Pickford, regular England international Harry Maguire, regular England international Harry Winks and other quality players who have been regular England internationals such as Jesse Lingard and any number of shite players I could rattle off. In my opinion our overrating of Mings is a serious problem as he is someone who in my opinion should be replaced in the starting lineup. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â