• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Traoré (Hourihane 74)
    • El Ghazi (Trézéguet 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/20 at 23:59

14 hours ago, imavillan said:

People can moan as much as they like about the defending but if you do not score goals you will lose football matches.

In this match we had enough chances to win the game. We didn't because of very poor finishing.

I am still heartened by what i am seeing us do.

Strengthen again in January and we will make further progress.

But we did score..

Keep a cleen sheet and we win that game 1-0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

But we did score..

Keep a cleen sheet and we win that game 1-0

Score from the pen, score from the sitter Trez missed and guess what.....it’s 3-2 

7 hours ago, imavillan said:

Score from the pen, score from the sitter Trez missed and guess what.....it’s 3-2 

• but its harder to score, than deny.....and its generally cheaper to buy defenders than strikers.
  • Our Offensive play has been good, we haven't failed to score other than Against Leeds, all season.
  • some of the conceded goals have been woeful.....and its the manner of some of them that's caused the concern in some quarters.

9 hours ago, TRO said:
  • but its harder to score, than deny.....and its generally cheaper to buy defenders than strikers.
  • Our Offensive play has been good, we haven't failed to score other than Against Leeds, all season.
  • some of the conceded goals have been woeful.....and its the manner of some of them that's caused the concern in some quarters.

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We can't go on like this.

Having to score 2 goals every game just to draw isn't sustainable.

We are a work in progress and have shown improvement upon last season.

We lack any strength in depth and our starting XI picks itself with possibly the exception of Trez. Not many of us would change the starting XI. Many have called for Hourihane to start, yet what does he offer? Nothing unless we get a free kick around the penalty area. That sums up the strength of our squad. 

I agree, some of the goals conceded are poor, but in the context of this particular match, which is what i am on about, we had enough quality chances to win the game. As poor as the goals were that we conceded so was the finishing. Crikey, we didn't even hit the target from a penalty !!!!!

Hopefully we will get in some more quality players in when the transfer window opens in Jan to help us improve even further.

6 hours ago, imavillan said:

We lack any strength in depth and our starting XI picks itself with possibly the exception of Trez. Not many of us would change the starting XI. Many have called for Hourihane to start, yet what does he offer? Nothing unless we get a free kick around the penalty area. That sums up the strength of our squad. 

I agree, some of the goals conceded are poor, but in the context of this particular match, which is what i am on about, we had enough quality chances to win the game. As poor as the goals were that we conceded so was the finishing. Crikey, we didn't even hit the target from a penalty !!!!!

Hopefully we will get in some more quality players in when the transfer window opens in Jan to help us improve even further.

I understand we are a work in progress but that does not excuse conceding on corners and simple crosses.

This is basic stuff and really avoidable goals.

We are ball watching. We are passive. We are not closing down. Our defenders are not aggesssive and don't aticipate danger.

Edited by villalad21

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I understand we are a work in progress but that does not excuse conceding on corners and simple crosses.

This is basic stuff and really avoidable goals.

We are ball watching. We are passive. We are not closing down. Our defenders are not aggesssive and don't aticipate danger.

I wonder if you really do......

15 hours ago, imavillan said:

and that is the only endorsement, I wanted to hear.....thank you, for your honesty.

of course we are WIP.

On 08/12/2020 at 04:51, imavillan said:

yes we are WIP, we always will be if we have ambition to improve, which I think we have......and yes again, we have improved, but mainly up front.

We do lack strength in depth and more noticeable in players who have a nose for defending...most of the opinions on changes come from the offensive players, mainly because we have more of them and because some have inconsistencies in their game. The defence picks itself, which shows the weakness in our squad.

When I see us linked with players, who can help us stop opposition players from finding it so easy to score against us and make them work hard for it, then I will feel a bit more comfortable about giving some teams a game.

On our day, we have some fine players, who can hurt anyone.....we have to stop pissing them off with stupid goals at the back......when we venture in to the market, to deal with that, I will be happy.

On 01/12/2020 at 14:23, TRO said:

I think that is a really condescending response to what amounts to a very poor defensive display and a golden opportunity to snatch an away win, from a team, whose own admission was poor in display.

to keep responding on the whole season, when your comments would be much better served on the game itself, is irritating.

We have spent the best part of another £100 million, so you would expect an incremental rise in Stature.....but for a team who has dispatched the mighty Liverpool ,Arsenal and Leicester.....you would expect a better result than that, not to mention the woeful defending of crosses.

No passionate supporter of our club wants or delights in criticising the team, if you cared to listen to us waxing Lyrical after the Liverpool and Arsenal games, you would know that......No we can't win every game, but when you put in a cheap defensive display, allied to a comedy of errors up front, we are entitled to say it like we think it is.....No one wants to tarnish the dream, but sometimes reality has to surface.

still fuming with that debacle of a result......they say teams can get out of jail, they got out of Alcatraz, and we give them the bloody keys.

What a daft post! Your expectations are completely unrealistic - you seem to expect us to win every single game - we’re currently 8th which is amazing considering where we were 18months ago

5 hours ago, VillaCas said:

What a daft post! Your expectations are completely unrealistic - you seem to expect us to win every single game - we’re currently 8th which is amazing considering where we were 18months ago

Your response is predictable.....read what i said about todays result.

Â