• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Traoré (Hourihane 74)
    • El Ghazi (Trézéguet 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/20 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Yeah Moyes, just like tin pot dinosaur managers tell their players to go out and "leave one on them" with their tackling. That was how Wesley got injured.

Up there with Bruce as dinosaurs that need to go. Vile gollum-faced prick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smg said:

You manage to cover anything remotely positive with a negative in the next sentence and my glasses are anything but rose tinted 

Yes, because there were both positives and negatives. Maybe next time I'll write the positive points at the end or in pink capital letters.

Just now, romavillan said:

We're doing absolutely great all things considered, overacheiving with our squad. We have a competetive first XI and then no depth, we played fantastic tonight and if we win the next one we go 4th. Our objective this year is to stay up without being involved in a relegation scrap, if we get 10 more points than last season it's very solid progress. We've beat Liverpool and Arsenal in great style. Really no need to be stressing the negatives.

Stop talking so much sense, this is VillaTalk!

• Haha 2

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Their winning goal is made worse by the fact that we were heavily linked with both Bowen in January and Benrahma in the summer, and either would be better in the squad than Trez, El Ghazi or Traore.

London is a big pull, even for turgid teams like Palace and Spam.

Bowen's on upwards of £80k pw.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Maybe, just maybe, Moyes and Co, players were throwing themselves to the ground because your thugs kicked lumps out of them and got next to nothing. Twenty fouls and one booking. It's a damn joke.

The swipe by Fornals on Grealish's knee was completely pathetic and needless. Haller on Mings as well, knew exactly what he was doing. Tin pot club who couldn't even come up with their own kit colours so had to borrow them from a proper club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We're doing absolutely great all things considered, overacheiving with our squad. We have a competetive first XI and then no depth, we played fantastic tonight and if we win the next one we go 4th. Our objective this year is to stay up without being involved in a relegation scrap, if we get 10 more points than last season it's very solid progress. We've beat Liverpool and Arsenal in great style. Really no need to be stressing the negatives.

Far too sensible a take for my current mental state

Edited by maqroll

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

How are people complaining about our arrogance and swagger? We've created half a dozen really good chances tonight - the midfield was excellent, including Conor in the first half - we've dominated the ball, broken down defences and created great chances - we could couldn't hit the floor if we jumped off a bridge, but our creative play is as good as I can remember - if we can sharpen up our finishing, we win games - regardless of the troubles at the back- we're as good a creative side as anyone in the league. We should have had four tonight and could have had more.

Spot on. We’re a young team, we’ll make mistakes but we played very well tonight.

I’d much rather play like that and lose than be a Moyes team that plays turgid football and flukes a win.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We are chucking the season by losing against bad teams. Shame.

We are on the up, we will add quality again and. become more ruthless, They all know, Moyes said he was disappointed with the performance but they were against a very good Aston Villa, Arteta said the same. Do I believe in the Villa, Ohhh Yeah

• Like 4

Despite all the shenanigans, i thought we lacked composure in crucial moments.

We should never have lost that.....we lose games far too easily and then give ourselves a mountain to climb.

The ease in which we concede is alarming....and its usually headers in the box.

In terms of VAR its you lose one and lose one again....its farcical.

once again created enough chances to win 2 games.....but the benevolence still hangs around in our box.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

Spot on. We’re a young team, we’ll make mistakes but we played very well tonight.

I’d much rather play like that and lose than be a Moyes team that plays turgid football and flukes a win.

We are such a different side. Yes, critical mistakes, but we remained competitive and created so many chances even when conceding. Lots of green shoots still.

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Feels like we are losing every week

Very short road to bottom half of the table. League is so tight

Newcastle game and confidence booster can't come quick enough

Four losses in five games for us. That simple cannot carry on into December. We could be in a worrying position if we win 1 in the next 5. 

tonight, I’m seething, and anything other than a good hammering of Newcastle will be unacceptable 

Is it any wonder Villa fans are always pessimistic and expect the worst. Wtf sort of game was that?

They scored, twice, when our guys still had not switched on. Reprehensible, because it has happened before.

Watkins has missed 4 out of 6 penalties. Why is he even taking them with that record.

Trezequet has become a liability. Traore has to start.

Hourihane was anonymous. Mings had his usual brain fart, but got away with it this time. When will he learn.

Very disappointing, because we could have won that.

As for VAR. Bad idea. It's tearing the heart out of the game.

• Like 4

The biggest improvement for me this season, by far, is how comfortable and confident everyone looks on the ball (except for Trezeguet). We are a young side and we will concede sloppy goals and lose games but we look like we know how to win games too. We just need a few more things to go our way. A couple of quality midfield and attacking additions in January could improve us even further. We're getting there and we're doing it the right way.

• Like 1

Â