• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Traoré (Hourihane 74)
    • El Ghazi (Trézéguet 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

is it possible to give a player a negative rating?

Trezeguet has cost us yet again. Shocking footballer. Disgrace to the profession. Just because he scored 2 v Palace and a goal of huge importance v Arsenal, he is a woeful footballer.

He's dreadful. Hard work and a good attitude can only get you so far. He genuinely looks like he took up the sport recently when he kicks the ball. Traore has to start on Friday.

• Like 1

I’m honestly torn as to whether our current league position is because of Smith or in spite of him.

In no way am I blaming him for the loss today but that’s 4 losses out of 5 now, it’s honestly quite bad when you look at the teams we’ve lost to.

As for today it’s best to just move on and look forward to the next one, football fans have short memories but I honestly feel like that game today has annoyed me more than 95% of last seasons games, at least when the team is terrible you know where you stand with it, at the moment the disappointment is even more crushing than usual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

The biggest improvement for me this season, by far, is how comfortable and confident everyone looks on the ball (except for Trezeguet). We are a young side and we will concede sloppy goals and lose games but we look like we know how to win games too. We just need a few more things to go our way. A couple of quality midfield and attacking additions in January could improve us even further. We're getting there and we're doing it the right way.

Trez is a big reason we've stayed up. He does deserve criticism for his finishing the past two games, but his overall play this season has been an improvement. The contrast in the quality on the bench speaks volumes, and doesn't help when players are missing big chances.

Traore will step up I'm sure. The likes of AEG won't.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Win on Friday and we go 4th. We really need to beat Newcastle. We are a much better team. 

Funnily enough, I thought we were a better team than Leeds, Bournemouth and Brighton before we played them. Look how that turned out.

• Like 1

We all like a crunching tackle from a defender or a winger skipping past players, but the best thing about football is the celebrations after scoring a goal. VAR has killed that for players and fans.

To be honest I'd rather watch a delayed stream with live results on my phone so I can actually enjoy my team scoring without having to worry about the idiots at Stockley Park.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Trez is a big reason we've stayed up. He does deserve criticism for his finishing the past two games, but his overall play this season has been an improvement. The contrast in the quality on the bench speaks volumes, and doesn't help when players are missing big chances.

I like him for his work rate but at what point is he becoming a liability. That chance tonight was absolutely painful to watch. El Ghazi has more footballing ability but worse work rate. I really think Traore has done enough to deserve his chance from the start of games now. He's got a lovely left foot and seems to be a very good crosser of the ball.

I’ll be honest and say I didn’t like the look of Traore at the start but his last two games I have been more impressed, I still feel like he looks like the odd one out for some reason, his style is quite different to anyone else but he must be an improvement on Hourihane or Trezeguet on an off day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Saying he is a big reason we stayed up is somewhat flawed. Yes he scored pivotal goals v Palace and Arsenal but if he had contributed more for the other 95% of the season when he did F all we my not have needed the results late on in the season.

AEG is a big reason we got promoted...scored winner in PO final.

Trez is not good enough for the championship. He should be nowhere near our team

Just now, LxYoungAVFC said:

We all like a crunching tackle from a defender or a winger skipping past players, but the best thing about football is the celebrations after scoring a goal. VAR has killed that for players and fans.

To be honest I'd rather watch a delayed stream with live results on my phone so I can actually enjoy my team scoring without having to worry about the idiots at Stockley Park.

It's so true. Even the perfectly good goals like our first tonight, I'm still hesitant to celebrate. All I did was a small clap and then my mind went straight to "what if there was a foul in the build up" etc. It goes against the very essence of football and its soul destroying.

I'm frustrated for so many reasons...

Should have had 3 or 4  goals excluding the VAR farce and the missed pen.

The quality of our recruitment remains highly questionable for me.

I don't see a player in Trez, El Ghazi or Traore - what a waste of 30m.

No way on this earth is Watkins worth the 30+m we paid for him.

Our defence is what killed us last term, and to right the ship we bring in Cash, whose defending this season has been pretty poor.  We were crying out for a leader a CB and we brought in noone.  I'm not even sure who our 3rd choice CB is.

Grealish is still carrying this club on his own pretty much.  Major reinforcements still required.  Massively disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He's dreadful. Hard work and a good attitude can only get you so far. He genuinely looks like he took up the sport recently when he kicks the ball. Traore has to start on Friday.

I thought he had one of his best matches for us against Brighton (minus the finishing) but seems to be, very much, a confidence player, which he’d gained from good matches for Egypt but lost again after turd finishing last week.

3 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Quoting myself here but I think the best solution at the moment is to have app like OneFootball play the "crowd roar" when we score. At least then I can appreciate the build-up and get excited about the type of goal and goalscorer.

Apart from napping at the beginning of each half we could have played with no keeper and 1 defender tonight such was the one sided nature of that game but it’s a results driven game and you don’t get points for being the best team on the pitch . 

Watkins (penalty ) and Trez ( sitter ) cost us points tonight along with var being asleep at the wheel ...

My chat group is full of West Ham fan mates and they were moaning about how the ref made it so that they beat 12 men tonight  ... it’s proof why people hate west ham fans and think they are full of shit , they did begrudgingly admit we were the better team and deserved the points though 

I think we will be safe this season but it’s key we beat Newcastle on Friday otherwise there is a danger we have a rot like last season where we started the season playing well and getting  nothing for it and then it changed into playing shit and getting nothing for it 

Edited by tonyh29

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Apart from napping at the beginning of each half we could have played with no keeper and 1 defender tonight such was the once sided nature of that game but it’s a results driven game and you don’t get points for being the best team on the pitch . 

Watkins (penalty ) and Trez ( sitter ) cost us points tonight along with var being asleep at the wheel ...

My chat group is full of West Ham fan mates and they were moaning about how the ref made it so that they beat 12 men tonight  ... it’s proof why people hate west ham fans and think they are full of shit , they did begrudgingly admit we were the better team and deserved the points though 

I think we will be safe this season but it’s key we beat Newcastle on Friday otherwise there is a danger we have a rot like last season where we started the season playing well and getting  nothing for it and then it changed into playing shit and getting nothing for it 

We are a totally different proposition from last season

Â