Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Has there been any top flight signings this month ? I mean in general?

Difficult time to be signing players, especially ones from abroad. 

Yeah very slow, Approaching half way in the window and hardly anything in Europe worth talking about. 

Two weeks on Monday it will all be over till the summer. 

Edited by Kingman

I find all this Ross Barkley guff hilarious. 

1. Why would we want to pay 30-40 million for a player who though hugely talented has a fairly dubious injury record and has so far for us spent more games out injured than playing.

2. He wasn't a regular starter for Chelsea even before they made a load of new signings, they will inevitably make another load of signings in the summer, so he will again not be a regular starter and want regular football, particularly as I imagine he wants to play for England and being a sub for Chelsea won't cut it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yeah very slow, Approaching half way in the window and hardly anything in Europe worth talking about. 

Two weeks on Monday it will all be over till the summer. 

There will be a lot of teams that won't sign a player in this window. I think we may be one of them.... and I'm ok with that! 

16 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

1. Why would we want to pay 30-40 million for a player who though hugely talented has a fairly dubious injury record and has so far for us spent more games out injured than playing.

2. He wasn't a regular starter for Chelsea even before they made a load of new signings, they will inevitably make another load of signings in the summer, so he will again not be a regular starter and want regular football, particularly as I imagine he wants to play for England and being a sub for Chelsea won't cut it.

Yeah I agree. I think the transfer fee won't be more than 30m with probably 10m of that performance related add ons. Probably less if he gets injured a couple more times.

The problem with a Barkley deal is the player himself.  He wants to be in the champs league. He will want to bide his time as if things go well any move will become more lucrative and if things go badly he still has a fat Chelsea deal. He can't  really lose out. Also Everton are on the rise and he may be hoping to go back there.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Snodgrass thats it

• Thanks 1

Smith said that we'd see how things looked at the end of the window, or words to that affect, makes more sense to wait, you don't want to buy a player in one position and then a player in another position gets injured and you find you would have been better off using the money/squad place differently, probably waiting to see how likely it is that the season will actually be competed as well.

I still think there's a good chance we will sign a striker, might not be an exciting name, maybe just someone on loan until the end of the season.

• Like 1

Time to reduce the length of the transfer window. Nothing happens for 95% of it anyway, apart from sky manipulating the betting market with fake news. Let's just pick a day in January, call that the transfer window and be done with it. 

Am also totally open to introducing a takeshi's castle assault course element to it also, with a contract as the prize at the end

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

1.Take this message.

2.Cross out Barkley and Chelsea.

3. Replace with Mings and Bournemouth.

4. Prove point.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Brighton on verge of signing Moises Caciedo who's already a full Ecuador international.

I wonder if that's a market we'll start to look to in next few years, talented under 20 South American player as it's supposed to be easier to sign them now with work permits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Darmesh Sheth's best moments 2010-2020..............

What a grade A starey sex offender looking weapon that man is.

He sits at home tugging himself off over the transfer toltaliser. I can only assume January has been a very flaccid month so far.