Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

We need another forward. If Watkins were to get injured I can't see either Traore or Davis doing enough as a central striker.

We still have Wesley coming back - but not sure how he's going to cope after a major injury.

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

We still have Wesley coming back - but not sure how he's going to cope after a major injury.

I think that is still a long way out judging by his social media posts of the type of training he is doing might not even see him this season.

Adama maybe up for sale 35 mill and may go leeds as that's the talk. Not only would he dnot fit Leeds but hed certainly fit our style. The 24 year old is explosive, fast and can play right mid, Right wing or CF and of course RWB. Personally I think it's a no brainer, especially how I think Smith would get even more out of him.

Bring him back I say if all hes going to cost us 35 mill.

If Watkins goes down for a reason, then Adama Traore drops in, we have lots of options with him in our team.

Plus we get to screw Leeds over, double whammy.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Though I don't think he could make the vast, vast step up to ourselves, as one rarely gets to espouse the virtues of VVV-Venlo players I would like to draw some attention to Giorgos Giakoumakis who is on an absolute tear in his maiden Eredivisie campaign; 16 goals in 16 games (4 last night, 3 on his debut and a healthy spread across the rest of the games).  Could be one of those perfect storm scenarios, I don't think he's ever put up those kind of numbers previously and yeah, it's the Eredivisie, but typically speaking VVV are consistent relegation battlers so he's doing the business whilst surrounded by the league's lesser players.  Won his international debut off the back of this form (which he scored in, albeit it against shite opponents).  Bought for peanuts and as the VVV model is to generally sell for whatever they can get (largest ever sale being the circa £6m they got for Keisuke Honda some years back) when they've got a decent player on their hands, he likely won't be sticking around long.  Again it's likely too big a step up for the likes of us and could all be a one-season thing (he's 26 so he's not some fresh wunderkind) but his next employers will absolutely be higher up the footballing ladder and might find themselves with a bit of a bargain (and were we still mired in the Championship, I'd be wholeheartedly advocating for him).

Mate of mine is an AEK fan - Giakoumakis scored 1 in 30 for them. GG's got a questionable attitude and Venlo have basically been set up to play to his exact strengths, so it'd be a risky move. Remember when Boro bought Afonso Alves because he scored lots in the Eredivisie? 

It's not actually that good a league, despite having a few good teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Adama maybe up for sale 35 mill and may go leeds as that's the talk.

Probably the most over rated player I have ever seen. A complete myth of a footballer. Can't even get into the wolves first XI regularly but somehow he's world class. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Probably the most over rated player I have ever seen. A complete myth of a footballer. Can't even get into the wolves first XI regularly but somehow he's world class. 

He's just 'naturally' that muscled as well.Biggest sack of crap I ever read where he said he doesn't lift weights

I notice that Liverpool, Man Utd and 'other teams' are being linked with Kaide Gordon from Derby County. Being as though he's meant to be one of the most highly rated sixteen year olds in the country, and one of our academy coaches was recently at Derby, then I wouldn't be surprised if one of the 'other teams' interested was us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Adama maybe up for sale 35 mill and may go leeds as that's the talk. Not only would he dnot fit Leeds but hed certainly fit our style. The 24 year old is explosive, fast and can play right mid, Right wing or CF and of course RWB. Personally I think it's a no brainer, especially how I think Smith would get even more out of him.

Bring him back I say if all hes going to cost us 35 mill.

If Watkins goes down for a reason, then Adama Traore drops in, we have lots of options with him in our team.

Plus we get to screw Leeds over, double whammy.

Traore is not for me, thanks. A relatively small purple patch of form last season, other than that he’s proved to be very little other than a very fast, fine physical specimen. 

12 hours ago, nick76 said:

He did say we might be after an attacker if the money is right, so he’s covering a couple of bases with his statement as usual.

villa are definitely not going to buy anyone this transfer window apart from maybe the right player if they are available

journalism 101

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yea I just read something similar on Birmingham Live, apparently they want 25m for him now with 18 months left on his deal and they are looking for a midfielder......

One person commented offer them 20m plus Conor and let them have Davis on loan..... I think that would be a good deal for both sides assuming their asking price is as quoted.

Conor would rip up the SPL.

I'm all for this, 20m and a 8m player in hourihane for Eduoard would be brilliant business for both parties. 

He hasnt been as profilic this season so he becomes more of a risk but I have no doubt a player with his talent and our fantastic coaching team we would have one hell of a player. 

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

He's just 'naturally' that muscled as well.Biggest sack of crap I ever read where he said he doesn't lift weights

I dunno, perfectly possible, my friend from work (pictured below), says he gets this body from brisk 5 minute walks each day, literally zero weights or workouts, no protein shakes (or roids), just his natural shape!..........if he can do it then im sure Adama "natural muscle" Traore can!?!?!?!

Fitness Gym GIF

:trollface:

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I dunno, perfectly possible, my friend from work (pictured below), says he gets this body from brisk 5 minute walks each day, literally zero weights or workouts, no protein shakes (or roids), just his natural shape!..........if he can do it then im sure Adama "natural muscle" Traore can!?!?!?!

Fitness Gym GIF

:trollface:

I started looking like that after my daily diet of pizza donner kebabs and chips plus those pills I saw advertised on YouTube that I bought off eBay. 

• Haha 2

Has anyone bought a player yet? Has covid finally affected even the Premier League? Need another striker/forward as an alternative to Watkins.  I wouldn't expect Big Wes to play much at all this season. And maybe another winger. We are a couple of bad injuries away of really wrecking our season.

However after the  last window buying in January can be 'mixed'. Apart from signing Barry.

Edited by The Fun Factory

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Has anyone bought a player yet? Has covid finally affected even the Premier League? Need another striker/forward as an alternative to Watkins.  I wouldn't expect Big Wes to play much at all this season. And maybe another winger. We are a couple of bad injuries away of really wrecking our season.

However after the  last window buying in January can be 'mixed'. Apart from signing Barry.

Man Utd have technically signed Diallo in Jan (although agreed before)

West Brom have signed Snodgrass and Longeran (gk).

West Ham have signed Frederik Alves (21 y/o, Denmark u21 international defender) - allegedly 1.5m.

Thats it i think.

Edited by MaVilla