Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Stupid suggestion time, would Man U let Van Der Beek go? ( Loan or otherwise ). Or is he destined to be quality wasted on their bench?

Yep stupid question, he will be replacing Pogba in the summer when he goes. A loan wouldn’t be sanctioned either he gets on the pitch too much and they think they are going for the league.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

u wot? :)

Lansbury isnt even in the Prem squad, im sure he is ok to leave whenever he wants (permanent or loan).

I would 100% take Eriksen though, but tbh i think its about as likely as Steve Bruce playing entertaining football.

So that's a no then!! 

Eriksen has been on a steady decline since 2016.  There's obviously talent there still but his attitude problems along with the aforementioned decline means there's no way Villa, now a well run club, would fork out the wages he would demand.

42 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Eriksen has been on a steady decline since 2016.  There's obviously talent there still but his attitude problems along with the aforementioned decline means there's no way Villa, now a well run club, would fork out the wages he would demand.

Doesn’t seem to have an issue in international football

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As much as we would all love this to happen I doubt it will.

Only due to our current lack of CL football that is probably the sticking point in a deal for Eriksen.

We'll wait for the summer then Andy 😀

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yea I just read something similar on Birmingham Live, apparently they want 25m for him now with 18 months left on his deal and they are looking for a midfielder......

One person commented offer them 20m plus Conor and let them have Davis on loan..... I think that would be a good deal for both sides assuming their asking price is as quoted.

Conor would rip up the SPL.

I agree but I don't believe he'll go. I think he could do a job in the Prem still, not a starter but I could see Newcastle, Baggies or West Ham having him as a bit part player for a season or two. Don't think they should but could also see Roy taking him at Palace

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I agree but I don't believe he'll go. I think he could do a job in the Prem still, not a starter but I could see Newcastle, Baggies or West Ham having him as a bit part player for a season or two. Don't think they should but could also see Roy taking him at Palace

It was just an idea I saw on the birmingham mail comments section that I thought was a good idea.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It was just an idea I saw on the birmingham mail comments section that I thought was a good idea.

Don't disagree for sure. Would make perfect sense for us (however id be nervous that one injury to Luiz or McGinn would mean we have no midfield. But if we could get a CM in too, it would be great business for us if Conor would be willing to go to the SPL

Eriksen?1? No way!!!! Why would we would to contaminate our squad with a questionable character like this. Plays when he wants, chases money and hasn't delivered SFA in the last 2-3 seasons.....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Eriksen?1? No way!!!! Why would we would to contaminate our squad with a questionable character like this. Plays when he wants, chases money and hasn't delivered SFA in the last 2-3 seasons.....

The transfer simply isn't happening however last season he played minutes to the equivalent of 29 games and scored or assisted 13, hardly awful.
The season before it was 27 in 46.
The season before it was 27 in 44

For Denmark over his career it is 59 in 88.