Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

19 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

We could do a lot better too. Sorry, I think he's Championship standard.

He's far and away the best player in a Championship-level squad - key distinction. He's looked impressive against a tight Bruceball defense tonight, a couple of tidy through balls and two decent efforts on goal from range. He'd be an upgrade on Nakamba and Hourihane off the bench, easily.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Meet Aston Villa's ambitious transfer guru who signed Riyad Mahrez and Son Heung-min

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/meet-aston-villas-ambitious-transfer-19610707

Also posted in his thread, had no clue hi signed Son as well.

Urgh. There’s no way I am following that link, has anyone has the misfortune to read it and give me an overview please?

Edited by thunderball

34 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Urgh. There’s no way I am following that link, has anyone has the misfortune to read it and give me an overview please?

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

She’s earning over £400 a day working from home. 

Just click on the link to find out more.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He signed practically everybody of value in Leicesters title winning team for a relative pittance. Including those that haven't done well at all since but suited that team well (I.e. Drinkwater) as well as Mahrez, Kante and Vardy.

Also signed Son, Aldeweireld and Trippier at Spurs.

Not without some less successful signings. Okazaki, Knockeart (atleast for the Prem anyway) for Leicester. As well as Janssen, Sissoko and Wanyama (maybe harsh to include him in a 'bad' list, just less successful).

Other than that he's been a serial Nigel Pearson follower. Has dealt with Lange before  when buying from Copenhagen (Amartey for Leicester) and has been at both a 2nd Division Belgian Club and also Derby, so gets around a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He signed practically everybody of value in Leicesters title winning team for a relative pittance. Including those that haven't done well at all since but suited that team well (I.e. Drinkwater) as well as Mahrez, Kante and Vardy.

Not without some less successful signings. Okazaki, Knockeart (atleast for the Prem anyway) for Leicester. As well as Janssen, Sissoko and Wanyama (maybe harsh to include him in a 'bad' list, just less successful).

Other than that he's been a serial Nigel Pearson follower. Has dealt with Lange before  when buying from Copenhagen (Amartey for Leicester) and has been at both a 2nd Division Belgian Club and also Derby, so gets around a bit.

Excellent, excellent and very good?

Knockeart and Jannsen I agree but Okazaki was a vital cog in that PL title winning side, Sissoko has played 175 games for Spurs and started the CL final and Wanyama at his peak was fantastic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

I think we should be in for Lundstram in the summer, particularly if Barkley doesn't end up being an option on a permanent. We could do a lot worse than adding him for depth in the middle.

Massive drop in quality if you're putting him forward as alternatively Barkley option.

Is he really that much better than Hourihane? I thought John Fleck was superb for Sheffield Unitd all last season and Norwood is usually a tidy midfielder for them but they've all been poor this season. Lundstrum is 27 next month so get the feeling he's peaked as player, currently at this level.

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I thought that was the guy who went to Everton? Can't remember his name but not the same as guy in the article.

Interesting he's worked regularly with Pearson so I assume he also knows Shakey who'll have recommended him to the board I think.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I thought that was the guy who went to Everton? Can't remember his name but not the same as guy in the article.

Interesting he's worked regularly with Pearson so I assume he also knows Shakey who'll have recommended him to the board I think.

If this is about Rob Mckenzie then he was signed up before Shakespeare.

• Like 1