Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

26 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not time to break out the bunting just yet:

41053893-C04F-49EC-96CB-535220C4D8C1.jpeg

Number 10, huge calf muscles and childrebs shin pads, we have one of these already. 

Come on Emi, get on the phone pal. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Number 10, huge calf muscles and childrebs shin pads, we have one of these already. 

Come on Emi, get on the phone pal. 

You could understand if they’d had second thoughts on Barkley  given his injury/history. I don’t see Brooks (no disrespect to the lad) being the kind of player they had in mind when selling the future at Villa to Jack. 

DePaul would be amazing, unlikely, but amazing. 

37 minutes ago, Awol said:

You could understand if they’d had second thoughts on Barkley  given his injury/history. I don’t see Brooks (no disrespect to the lad) being the kind of player they had in mind when selling the future at Villa to Jack. 

DePaul would be amazing, unlikely, but amazing. 

Agreed on the points.

That said,  whilst Liverpool, Juventus etc would clearly be a bigger draw for the lad, Leeds? 

If Leeds have a chance so would we, irrelevant of the Bielsa love in.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Class player in Serie A, talk of Inter Milan looking at him if they can move on likes of Eriksen so would be hugely impressed if we actually got him.

Very productive player in terms of assists.

Where would he fit in?

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Where would he fit in?

Can't see us going for him because of this. But I suppose Barkley is on loan and we didn't desperately *need* Martinez or Cash either when we made those moves and it's turned out great.

Barkley is planned to leave in the summer as it is. If a player like De Paul is available now and we know we're going to spend that money anyway... We'd be silly not to I suppose.

Also no reason why we couldn't get both good game time. Barkley could push back a bit too to compete with McGinn, aswell as challenge with De Paul.

(FWIW I don't believe we'll move for De Paul)

Looks like my pipe dream of signing Emile Smith Rowe is gone with all the minutes/performances he's been having. Though you never know with Arsenal, they might sign another big reputation attacking midfielder on a 5 year contract that will stifle his growth. 

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Same as where Brooks or Olise would fit in. He's a player who can play wide or centrally.

Any move would probably suggests Chelsea are asking stupid money for Barkley.

Exactly. With Barkley here that seems highly unlikely

Would love someone like Wamangituka from Stuttgart, as an alternative to Sarr/Daka etc. 

Can play on the wing and up top.

8 goal, 3 assists this season. Only 21, and I’m sure Hitzlsperger is on their board  

Edited by Osirus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Same as where Brooks or Olise would fit in. He's a player who can play wide or centrally.

Any move would probably suggests Chelsea are asking stupid money for Barkley.

Or Barkley’s injury situation isn’t very promising. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Osirus said:

Would love someone like Wamangituka from Stuttgart, as an alternative to Sarr/Daka etc. 

Can play on the wing and up top.

8 goal, 3 assists this season. Only 21, and I’m sure Hitzlsperger is on their board  

Another fast player. I haven't seen him as much as the other two but he's definitely comparable from the brief look I've had.

10 hours ago, supermon said:

Lot of Twitter outlets reporting that talks have begun for £25mill

That price can’t be true when you look at what Celtic (allegedly) want(ed) for Edouard. 

Abdolute steal.