Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

1.Take this message.

2.Cross out Barkley and Chelsea.

3. Replace with Mings and Bournemouth.

4. Prove point.

we signed Ming after a virtually injury free season where he was one of our best players. The only similarity was he was on loan and he had a bad injury record, but he proved his consistent form and fitness, Barkley hasn't.

so whatever it is you are trying to say can't be proven till the end of the season.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Usually find myself agreeing with you on most things, but on this I genuinely think we cannot make an offer for Barkley in this Window.

Primarily given the time injured he has faced so far this season, but supported by his injury history. He really needs a largely injury free second half to the season, or at least no more than a smaller (and different!) injury before we should be looking to spend a material chunk of our budget on him for me.

He's beyond the age where he will get injured less often so its reasonable to expect every season after this one to be worse when it comes to injuries as well.

Not fair to conclude judgement now, but also too early to commit for me.

Completely agree, why sign him when you can have Brandt who is younger, plays more positions and doesn't have the injury record.

4 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Am also totally open to introducing a takeshi's castle assault course element to it also, with a contract as the prize at the end

Random pointless fact more people have walked on the moon - 12 than have won takeshi’s castle - 8 ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Imagine being called a 'starey sex offender looking weapon' by a man who goes by 'Pissflaps'. 

Mental. 

Exactly he needs to stare himself down in the mirror doesn't he.

Edited by Pissflaps

4 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Time to reduce the length of the transfer window. Nothing happens for 95% of it anyway, apart from sky manipulating the betting market with fake news. Let's just pick a day in January, call that the transfer window and be done with it. 

I thought that was the setup anyway?

Final day of each window known as Jim White day.

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

we signed Ming after a virtually injury free season where he was one of our best players. The only similarity was he was on loan and he had a bad injury record, but he proved his consistent form and fitness, Barkley hasn't.

so whatever it is you are trying to say can't be proven till the end of the season.

flash gordon GIF

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Excellent, excellent and very good?

Knockeart and Jannsen I agree but Okazaki was a vital cog in that PL title winning side, Sissoko has played 175 games for Spurs and started the CL final and Wanyama at his peak was fantastic. 

Again, just 'less successful' than Vardy, Kante, Mahrez etc. Wanyama I agree. Sissoko has been persevered with a lot at Spurs. He's a very good player don't get me wrong but I think a lot of Spurs fans would admit to having been very disappointed with him for large parts of his time there so far. 

He's clearly good, by all means I'd have loved us to sign him. But he's not as successful as the other players.

Plus the values for Wanyama and Sissoko paid make it a bit less credible I suppose to say that they were magnificent pieces of scouting, they were pulling up trees for Southampton or France. Good players, good signings but I think less a statement of his prowess than the others.