Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

Everton linked with Zirkhee from Bayern. Be OK striker backup.

Really would be a shame if we fall away this season due to fatigue. I can't see how it isn't going to happen, we have no depth up front or in midfield.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Really would be a shame if we fall away this season due to fatigue. I can't see how it isn't going to happen, we have no depth up front or in midfield.

It's  why I'd like a quality playmaking defensive midfielder, a left back, and another creative type winger. Could also do with another fast striker, but we have Louie B coming through, so I'd be OK with him filling in as 3rd or 4th choice striker.

Deli Ali v Ross Barkley,

Both in the window be it now or in the summer,

Both probably circa £30m price tags, both versatile to play 6, 8 or 10 roles, both have hamstring history, Ali 25 in April, Barkley 27 last month. 

Who's your money on and why? 

I’d go for Ali ... today but would probs choose Barkley tomorrow as I dined it hard to separate them and depends n. My mood . Both are quality players and better than what we have. Both clubs are shrewd negotiators. Pointless response really 

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Deli Ali v Ross Barkley,

Both in the window be it now or in the summer,

Both probably circa £30m price tags, both versatile to play 6, 8 or 10 roles, both have hamstring history, Ali 25 in April, Barkley 27 last month. 

Who's your money on and why? 

Barkley for me, hands down!

I think Alli has talent but as a number of managers seem to indicate, especially Mourinho, that Alli does not mentally have the desire, so I wouldn’t sign him either way.

34 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Mentioned him as a player we should look to target last week when heard he may be available. Any issue is I believe Bayern want a buy back clause ... 

Surprised Everton want another striker given they won at Wolves the other day without one and Calvert Lewin will start when fit and Richarlison can be pushed up there even though he's better as wide forward.

Probably good example of club having a better than expected season and want a little bit more coming off the bench in last 20 minutes. He's scored a couple of Bayern last season I think os interesting if he can make better impact for them than Kean did. They play one upfront aswell btw.

I'm interested who West Ham get. Sold Haller and so just have Antonio (dodgy hamstrings) and Bowen who can play centrally so they certainly need a new striker in next two weeks. Who they sign should give indication of the level we should be targeting.

Edited by VillaChris

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised Everton want another striker given they won at Wolves the other day without one and Calvert Lewin will start when fit and Richarlison can be pushed up there even though he's better as wide forward.

Probably good example of club having a better than expected season and want a little bit more coming off the bench in last 20 minutes. He's scored a couple of Bayern last season I think os interesting if he can make better impact for them than Kean did. They play one upfront aswell btw.

I'm interested who West Ham get. Sold Haller and so just have Antonio (dodgy hamstrings) and Bowen who can play centrally so they certainly need a new striker in next two weeks. Who they sign should give indication of the level we should be targeting.

That sounds remarkably like us too. I hope that we are thinking along the same lines. 

That's the thing, Everton didn't have to get any attacking player in this window.

DCL, Richarlison and endless attacking midfielders who can chip in with goals throughout the season, Hames, Iwobi and Sigurdsson.

But they've seen a talented young player on fringes of big club who understandbly can't get a game ahead of Muller or Lewandowski and thought he might be useful in games that are 0-0/1-1 with 20 minutes left and think he can make a difference.

We badly need that sort of squad option at least as it's pretty interesting the amount of games Davis has actually been an unused sub in games we've been losing this season (Leeds and Southampton when we only actually used two subs).

Think that's the next piece. We have a very good 11 when everyone is fit but lacking a good supersub striker option, can't really remember the last one we had. Joachim? Which was 20 years ago!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liam100 said:

Christian Eriksen?  

Then we could let Lansbury go out on loan...

u wot? :)

Lansbury isnt even in the Prem squad, im sure he is ok to leave whenever he wants (permanent or loan).

I would 100% take Eriksen though, but tbh i think its about as likely as Steve Bruce playing entertaining football.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Adama maybe up for sale 35 mill and may go leeds as that's the talk. Not only would he dnot fit Leeds but hed certainly fit our style. The 24 year old is explosive, fast and can play right mid, Right wing or CF and of course RWB. Personally I think it's a no brainer, especially how I think Smith would get even more out of him.

Bring him back I say if all hes going to cost us 35 mill.

If Watkins goes down for a reason, then Adama Traore drops in, we have lots of options with him in our team.

Plus we get to screw Leeds over, double whammy.

Mate, no.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Barkley for me, hands down!

I think Alli has talent but as a number of managers seem to indicate, especially Mourinho, that Alli does not mentally have the desire, so I wouldn’t sign him either way.

This. I also think as they both have problems with muscle injuries number 8 is the worst position for them particularly if your talking box to box. As I see Barkley as the better number 10, I definitely favour him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Edouard linked to Leicester. Probably papers running with the Brendan Rodgers link, but he'd be the sort of signing to really improve our squad. Would also give us the option of using Watkins out wide from time to time.

I’ve said for a while to my old man (big Celtic fan) that I see him going there. He agrees. The Brendon link plus they need to slowly start to plan for life without Vardy. Whenever he doesn’t play they look toothless up top. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think West Ham desperately need the money. Expensive players on expensive contracts at West Ham. The owners there don’t have deep pockets and they’re losing revenue big time with no fans in the stadium, West Ham are losing out on around £2m in gate receipt revenue with empty stadiums. I’m pretty sure they don’t have the capacity to buy big this January.