Ross Barkley

LondonLax

11 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I'm not that concerned about having to pay a large chunk or even all of his wages. He's a top class player and an England international who could well start in the Euros. You get what you pay for (mostly).

And why should you be concerned since its Villa paying it.

spray bukkake GIF

Let it flow baby.

I’ve been a fan of him since he came back from loan at Sheff Weds as a teenager.

He is better than any other number 8 we have in our squad by miles.

I would be surprised if Chelsea let him go, but maybe Terry has a role to play in this?

We are not good enough to be dismissing loan signings. We need loan signings to improve our squad.

We had Drinkwater on loan last season which would indicate to me that we are in the loan market still.

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I said before we shouldnt sign cast offs from the top teams, before somebody says McGrath it was a different time and era. 

A lot of these players have no hunger or desire when dropping down the table. Everton and West Ham prime examples

happy james rodriguez GIF by FC Bayern Munich

Have you seen this guy play so far this season?

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I’ve been a fan of him since he came back from loan at Sheff Weds as a teenager.

He is better than any other number 8 we have in our squad by miles.

I would be surprised if Chelsea let him go, but maybe Terry has a role to play in this?

We are not good enough to be dismissing loan signings. We need loan signings to improve our squad.

We had Drinkwater on loan last season which would indicate to me that we are in the loan market still.

I'm not sure where Terry comes into it, he was not at Chelsea with Barkley.

Also if it is loan to buy them Chelsea aren't interested in Barkley improving, they want him out.

This would be an incredible signing. 

As a player he improves us enormously, and a loan to buy may help with regards to ffp. 

Would be a huge statement. 

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

I'm not sure where Terry comes into it, he was not at Chelsea with Barkley.

Also if it is loan to buy them Chelsea aren't interested in Barkley improving, they want him out.

I’ve mentioned Terry because he is close mates with Lampard and Morris. He could have an understanding of who is available for a loan move.

Barkley is only 26. Still a lot of football for him to play. Like others I hope this is a loan with the option to buy but not an obligation to buy. 

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is only 2 years younger and but is more of a presence in midfield. 

If it's an option for Hourihane in midfield I think Barkley is the better choice. 

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is only 2 years younger and but is more of a presence in midfield. 

Also more of a presence in the medical room.

3 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

If it's an option for Hourihane in midfield I think Barkley is the better choice. 

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Light years ahead of anyone in our team except Luiz and Jack, to suggest otherwise is laughable.

Would be a hell of a coup.

So true Rodders. Imagine, Jack actually being able to pass the ball to a player safe in the knowledge he might get it back. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Loan with option to buy and Chelsea picking up part of his wages. Massive upgrade on Hourihane or our other options and he is a player you would hope still has desire unlike Drinkwater.

I think this is a great move personally.

Is that first sentence what you think is happening, what you know is happening, or what you want to happen?

99% positive reactions suggests this is not a bad move for anyone concerned.

Provided it wouldn’t be a choice between Ross or a more defensive CM, i'm all for this.

Would be happy with this type of loan (already a class player), as if this means they help us finish higher in the league, and by this allow us to attract better players in the window next season, im all for that.

Â