Ross Barkley

LondonLax

20 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

Offensively we will at times be unplayable.

I think this is pushing it a little! Whilst RB would be an improvement over what we have he's not going to turn us into world beaters. 

• Like 1

Not sure what to think about this. He obviously can be good enough but hasn’t done it consistently since he was at Everton (may be due to no runs in the team). Would hope his attitude was good if he is coming in and if he plays how we know he can (I remember a game at Goodison which I think we lost 4 or 5 nil) he would be a good addition. Feel more cautious post Drinkwater though.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is where I am about this, if he is mentally up for it amd wants to restart his career then he is an upgrade on Hourihane and McGinn. 

If he is only coming for a payday and not bothered then i would be pissed with this signing. We have been stung before with shit deals like this 

From what's been said in this thread it's a loan with option to buy and Chelski subsidising some of the wages. That takes most of the risk out therefore I don't mind it.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

From what's been said it's a loan with option to buy and Chelski subsidising some of the wages. That takes most of the risk out therefore I don't mind it.

If it's a loan, I can handle that. 

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Does he work hard enough to be a box to box player? 

Jack would be raging with Dean Smith if we got Barkley in and plays in midfield and gets he into the England midfield/squad while he sits out of the Euros cause he is classed as a LW.

I think he does. Jack may well be raging but Smith needs to do what’s best for Villa and not Jack.

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

50 PL appearances for Chelsea, 4 goals and 9 assists and that's in a far better team than we are.

I don't want Barkley ever for any reason. He'll just cost a fortune and will go down as another has been that came here and stole a living.

If he signs then he will get my support but as much as I would love to be wrong I feel pretty confident that 2 years from now I'll be quoting myself and gloating in my prescience (that is a joke before anyone goes all frontal lobe on me)

Don’t worry I love to gloat, just waiting for the first time I’m ever right and I’ll be ready 😉😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Light years ahead of anyone in our team except Luiz and Jack, to suggest otherwise is laughable.

Would be a hell of a coup.

This is well overrating him IMO. Or maybe underrating what's here.

Light years? He'll be in a battle to start if McGinn gets back to his best.

It would definitely improve us as it would mean we have a decent midfielder, either Barkley or McGinn on the bench. Always a good position to be in.

One year loan could be great and suit both of us, but we need an agreement fee in there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Don’t worry I love to gloat, just waiting for the first time I’m ever right and I’ll be ready 😉😂

I knew most people would get that I'm joking but the disclaimer was just in case, Ive seen people get triggered before and then you're assaulted with comments like "you'd rather be right and see the team fail"

I'd love nothing more than Barkley to sign be here for the rest of his career and retire a Villa legend, but I just don't see it happening.

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I knew most people would get that I'm joking but the disclaimer was just in case, Ive seen people get triggered before and then you're assaulted with comments like "you'd rather be right and see the team fail"

I'd love nothing more than Barkley to sign be here for the rest of his career and retire a Villa legend, but I just don't see it happening.

Same with me and Davis.  Everybody knows my thoughts on that subject but if he turned it around and was successful, I don’t think there would be a bigger fan of him than me.  I want to be proven wrong, we all want the best for Villa, we just have different opinions on how we get there. So I see where you are coming from.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Hearing don’t want to move to a club outside top 6 according to twitter anyway 

Tbh, I think he’ll need a successful loan somewhere in order to get a top 6 club to come in for him. On the limited game time he’s had at Chelsea I’m not sure many will take the plunge. It could be a win/win for him and Villa.

I'm... unsure about this one.

On the one hand, I quite rate Barkley, lost his way a little but still a good talent, was playing very very well for England not long back and I think he'd quite suit our system. I don't think Chelsea get the best out of him, maybe we can.

On the other, Drinkwater... circumstances are different I know but it's still someone else's cast off on big wages...

If it's a loan with an option to buy I can maybe understand it, especially if Chelsea pay a chunk of the wages to begin with. We can asses where he is and if he's worth it then without as much financial risk.

Â