Ross Barkley

LondonLax

30 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Hearing don’t want to move to a club outside top 6 according to twitter anyway 

See this is the difference between English players and players from other leagues.  Rodriguez for example went from the Spanish champions to a team nowhere near the top 6. 

31 minutes ago, chappy said:

Not sure what to think about this. He obviously can be good enough but hasn’t done it consistently since he was at Everton (may be due to no runs in the team). Would hope his attitude was good if he is coming in and if he plays how we know he can (I remember a game at Goodison which I think we lost 4 or 5 nil) he would be a good addition. Feel more cautious post Drinkwater though.

I was at that game! Barkley and Delofeu ripped us apart. 

6 minutes ago, dubbs said:

See this is the difference between English players and players from other leagues.  Rodriguez for example went from the Spanish champions to a team nowhere near the top 6. 

Pretty sure Everton will finish top six this season to be fair. Don’t disagree with you generally though. 

I must be watching a different player to most on this thread.

I can't see anything about Barkley to suggest he would be an upgrade on SJM as a box to box midfielder (even though SJM is not in the best of form at the minute I don't see RB as a box to box midfielder/a no. 😎 or on Jack as a 10, which is where I am hoping he will start when we bring in (please, please, please) our new LW (Rashica or Benrhama).

We need a proper 8 to challenge/push/rotate with SJM.  I would have been happy with Gallagher (but not just on loan) but would take Swift from what I have seen.

And I just don't see Barkley as a regular in a top 6 side or an England international - he doesn't show enough for me!

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Willard said:

I find it odd you'd pick Swift over Barkley 

I don't think Barkley is an 8.  He just doesn't do enough for me every time I have seen him.  From what I have seen of Swift he has a much better engine and is up and down. 

He is also probably happier as an understudy whereas Barkley would probably need to see himself as in the first XI every week if he dropped down a tier and I don't see him as that?  And personally, I'd pretty much always rather sign somebody on the up/aspiring to the next level as opposed to somebody, in their mind, stepping down (unless they have a demonstrably strong character and drive).

On Sky Transfers they have now acknowledged Villa’s interest in Barkley & RLC but stated that since Villa have already spent so much money, a loan is now all Villa can afford. (I don’t believe this). They went on to state that RLC would probably be easier to get out of Chelsea than Barkley.

Having watched Barkley more and due to RLCs injury record, for me, Barkley would be much the better signing to fill Villa’s loan option. He is exactly what Villa need and have been missing for some time. A creative force through the middle!!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Everton have the Ancelotti pull.

He would never go there if they had a Hughton or Dyche

It's some of the privileges you get for having a high profile coach.

Edited by villalad21

9 minutes ago, striker said:

On Sky Transfers they have now acknowledged Villa’s interest in Barkley & RLC but stated that since Villa have already spent so much money, a loan is now all Villa can afford. (I don’t believe this). They went on to state that RLC would probably be easier to get out of Chelsea than Barkley.

Having watched Barkley more and due to RLCs injury record, for me, Barkley would be much the better signing to fill Villa’s loan option. He is exactly what Villa need and have been missing for some time. A creative force through the middle!!

Maybe true?

I'd prefer RLC to Barkley personally. I'd be wary of Ross being another Drinkwater. Probably slightly lazy thinking, but I much prefer trying to get players on the up. But if Chelsea subsidise his wages then it could be good

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe true?

Yes mate could be but if the right player became available that Dean wanted then I think Villa would spend more due to the owners deep pockets and ambitions.

• Like 1

I'm all up for this. Always rated him and he's a step in the right direction. Kind of a statement in my book. Even if it's on loan as long as we have an option to buy. And a loan on this one will see him out if he's still hungry for success. If not, we ship him away. But I doubt he's not up for it. He's 26, still to reach his prime, and won nothing. And if he leaves for us to get game time, wanting to play, that's very encouraging IMO. Yes, his wages are probably higher than what we normally pay for a new addition, but sometimes you have to do that to get where you want to be. And if we sign him our best 11 most likely will contain 7 english players. I don't really care about where players come from, but we're an english club and the more english players we can play and still be successfull the better, IMO.

But I don't get why he wanna give up on his international career. Southgate will never pick him now.

17 minutes ago, striker said:

On Sky Transfers they have now acknowledged Villa’s interest in Barkley & RLC but stated that since Villa have already spent so much money, a loan is now all Villa can afford.

Hopefully everyone believes we haven't got a pot to piss in so we maximise the loan market then go buy Ronaldo on the last day! 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I'd prefer RLC to Barkley personally. I'd be wary of Ross being another Drinkwater. Probably slightly lazy thinking, but I much prefer trying to get players on the up. But if Chelsea subsidise his wages then it could be good

I don't want player that missed whole season before last with ruptured achilles and only played 200 minutes last season. Barkley is fine. Comparison with Drinkwater is nonsense

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Barkley is much better than RLC and to compare him in any way to Drinkwater? Come on :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â