Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Not sure "weighing up a bid" is credible

Wouldn't say no on a loan deal if it fell our way of course, hard to see the wages suiting our structure, he's definitely good enough for us that's not an issue

If we were linked with both I think RLC is a better fit for us but rumours are he's broke and not getting back to where he was

With our midfield options I'd actually try and take both on loan

I said before we shouldnt sign cast offs from the top teams, before somebody says McGrath it was a different time and era. 

A lot of these players have no hunger or desire when dropping down the table. Everton and West Ham prime examples

• Like 3

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Ormskirk according to Wikipedia... so close enough! That’s the posh bit though, so they still nick the wheels off your car, they just don’t have a shit in your glove box.

I just find, given the angle involved, that to be a really impressive feat

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Is an attacking mid what we need?

That's why I was thinking it's RLC we'd be in for, as he's a more natural box-to-box than Barkley (and a couple years younger + probably on lower wages). Barkley has played both AM and CM, but quite a bit more in that #10 area and has generally performed his best there. His injury record is no better, either, though it's mostly smaller, seemingly recurring injuries vs RLC's big 'un. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Is an attacking mid what we need?

Last year some of Chelsea's best form came with Barkley and Mount playing either side of a DM.

Something like this would be an incredible step up.

Luiz

Barkley          Grealish

Traore      Watkins    Trez/New   

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said before we shouldnt sign cast offs from the top teams, before somebody says McGrath it was a different time and era. 

A lot of these players have no hunger or desire when dropping down the table. Everton and West Ham prime examples

I suppose you do have to take this case by case though. There are some good uns about!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

That's why I was thinking it's RLC we'd be in for, as he's a more natural box-to-box than Barkley (and a couple years younger + probably on lower wages). Barkley has played both AM and CM, but quite a bit more in that #10 area and has generally performed his best there. His injury record is no better, either, though it's mostly smaller, seemingly recurring injuries vs RLC's big 'un. 

He played double pivot in front of back 4 with Kovacic today. Has played a lot there for Chelsea from memory. Not #10

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think it depends on where they are in their career. He is 26 and needs to be playing regularly to have a chance to feature for England next summer. He won’t get that at Chelsea.  I think a loan would suit all parties.

Does he work hard enough to be a box to box player? 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it depends on where they are in their career. He is 26 and needs to be playing regularly to have a chance to feature for England next summer. He won’t get that at Chelsea.  I think a loan would suit all parties.

Jack would be raging with Dean Smith if we got Barkley in and plays in midfield and gets he into the England midfield/squad while he sits out of the Euros cause he is classed as a LW.

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Does he work hard enough to be a box to box player? 

Jack would be raging with Dean Smith if we got Barkley in and plays in midfield and gets he into the England midfield/squad while he sits out of the Euros cause he is classed as a LW.

I don't think he would - Barkley improves the team and Jack would likely improve as a result no matter where he's playing.

Â